GEN 2 Painting Eibachs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because I’m bored and on lockdown, anyone paint their eubacteria springs?

I was thinking if using POR15 top coat. I put that on my skid plate and it has held up very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can someone point me to this unique manufacturer of springs, eubacteria?

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We spray water at our shop, PPG Envirobase, so it was a quick red scuff then we sealed them (vs regular primer since it’s thinner) straight gold tint as basecoat, clear and bake. I used an expensive tint but if I had to charge someone to do it with a normal color it’d probably be reasonable, $150-250 depending on color. It’s held up real well so far. I just wish I had ceramic coated them so they clean easier but I’ll do it later.
Oh, so not a standard spray paint that someone (me) can do at home? I was just hoping to paint mine black, but have them be durable enough that they they don’t chip/flake the paint off, but also don’t want to spend hundreds to have them done. Any suggestions?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh, so not a standard spray paint that someone (me) can do at home? I was just hoping to paint mine black, but have them be durable enough that they they don’t chip/flake the paint off, but also don’t want to spend hundreds to have them done. Any suggestions?

They’re just steel springs. Put a scouting pad on a cordless drill scuff em up a bit, hit em up w/ good coat of primer (or as someone mentioned por15 might be good idea in salting state) let air dry then do a 2-3 coats of gloss black rustoleum, light coats. If you wanna get fancy can use a coat of rattle can clear to finish off, but not really needed.

19PANDA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Mr **** above me states, you can absolutely do it at home and don’t need the full process I did. You won’t have the depth in color, but won’t need it if you’re doing black. Only things I’d add to his process is clean with high-test isopropyl (91% if you can get it) after scuffing before paint. That and be patient, wait 15-20 minutes between coats, if you get dirt or dust in them don’t touch anything just wait until it cures then sand or razor out the imperfections!

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang...never knew you could paint the Eibachs. Like the way they contrast in the silver but a nice coat of Ruby Red woulda gone great with my calipers and tow hooks. Not about to take em off now though!.CD210903-2FF9-410C-B296-AA2330FF341E.jpeg