Painted Door Handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duke240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine just got finished today. Textured handles with painted surrounds. And I had my uncle shoot the flares while he was at it. I've got a chubby for my truck and I can't wait to see her again tomorrow.

Truck looks great!

Now just order the blacked out mirror lenses, reflector things..

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
NO NO NO.... If you are are talking about the factory (textured) handles on the truck, you can take them apart and configure them the way you want.
:sawzall: it might take a little persuasion with a hammer and a punch but if you are careful you won't break anything.

Does your handles look like this:

My stocks are textured but the ones I bought to paint are smooth. I can't swap handles like I hoped but I'll roll with the smooth handles since I can't change.

You're right though I could just sand down my stock handles and paint them and swap out... If I don't like the paint or fit, I'll sand down my textured handles and do them... Just having a spare set of handles makes it convenient since I don't have any down time with truck while painting.

Didn't paint handles today with scattered showers, but weather should be good for tomorrow hopefully

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just brought her home. Time to get Methods! Factory wheels look like heck now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 95

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Damn I had a good idea with door handles!!! HAHA! Painted mine today, rattle can style! Came out pretty good, just not sure if they match or not. If they don't, I'll drop them off to a buddy to professionally paint them.

Intricate

Reaction score
About $250 for all 3 handles for my scab. It would be about $70 cheaper if you don't have the key pad handle.

There isn't really anything tricky about it. Pretty strait forward as long as you pay attention how you are taking things apart.... I took pics as I went thru it just in case.

Did your handles come painted from Ford. I know years back i ordered a rear deck spoiler for my mustang and i was able to order it color matched from factory.

Duke240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The handles I ordered were painted but I just switched out the actual pull part with the black one.

Last edited: