GEN 2 Ordered my Gen2 today! My Dealer experience....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I lived in Ga the dealer I purchased 5 vehicles from around $50K each wanted MSRP plus 5K my special price. I could not believe it. I manage to find a dealer close in SC at MSRP with $500 down. After 15 or so Emails. My new dealer has 9 allocations and I am number 4 with priority of 13. No VIN yet, so I may not qualify as true waiting mode. I have no homicidal tendencies yet and want all members with VIN and build dates to know that I wish them no harm. OK I’m just joking not sure my humor would be interpreted correctly.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $4300 under MSRP for my 12 screw and I'm paying $3500 under MSRP for my new 17 screw. I'm friends with the owner of the dealership and he told me on August 31 when we built and ordered it that I was the first of his 4 allocations and actually his first Raptor order. I called him when the whole carbon fiber issues popped up on here a wks ago and he contacted his zone rep and I dropped the carbon fiber pkg that day. He also said that they have ordered 5 total including mine and he's just hoping that he'll get the 5th one but that mine is number 1 and should be here early in December. I received my 12 screw 8 wks after my order date so I'm keeping my fingers crossed about seeing the new one before Christmas :)

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious, when did we ever buy a car direct from a manufacturer? I'm 43 years old and I don't remember a time when auto manufacturers offered direct sales? Didn't Saturn try to do this, I think? I did European Delivery in 2004 from BMW (which was killer, BTW) and that felt like a direct sale even though the dealer pushed all the paperwork on my behalf for roughly $600 over invoice.

Retail distribution has been a staple of the American (and world-wide) economy. In order for these manufacturers to reach everyone, they need to scale thru retail distribution. What gets me the most with these markups is that there is no "brand protection" from these auto manufacturers. Essentially, they create this grey market that is widely acceptable because of the "limited" status of these specialty cars. It fosters greed and creates that cycle of "resentful customer > slimy dealer > resentful customer > slimy dealer". I actually know of a bunch of guys who sell cars who do have a moral compass but it's these antics as you stated above that just add fuel to the fire, imo.

TESLA is the only company that sells direct and they can only sell direct in 22 States because of State Franchise laws.

They make expensive, niche vehicles and didn't have an established dealer channel to **** off with their direct sales model.

Rickoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Priority #?

I ordered one five days ago. Dealer sent me a DORA. There is nothing indicating a Priority# on it. Is that something that gets added later? This is a small dealer that claims they have one allocation. (Insists ALL dealers have only 1) He seems like an honest guy, but from what I've read, it appears he's misinformed.

Anyway, what's up with the Priority#?

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Took some time, dealer from my gen 1 wouldn't deal, so did get 500$ over invoice ordered 7-28. No build date yet.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score