Ordered 2014 Raptor Nov. 8th.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my new Black screw 2014 Raptor on Nov. 8th. the dealer said he has "allocation". What exactly does that mean? I know they increased production. How long should I expect to wait for delivery?

Last edited:

Bill_C

Reaction score
Welcome to the asylum Locktech. Allocation means how many of a certain vehicle a deler is able to order. In our case it is Raptors. Dealer allocation is based on the sales volume for that dealer. Usually the bigger the dealer the more they are able to order. I ordered mine on Halloween day and my dealer was already down to one allocation. Also welcome to the long wait. I was told I could see mine possibly mid January.

OP
OP
locktech

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow mid January huh? I was hoping due to the increased production it would speed thing up a bit. They said they should have the vin this week. Do you know if they get a production build date then? Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
locktech

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I know it will be worth the wait. Just super stoked. Seems like it depends on the dealer for the wait time. Getting a lot of great info from the forum.

Bill_C

Reaction score
Wow mid January huh? I was hoping due to the increased production it would speed thing up a bit. They said they should have the vin this week. Do you know if they get a production build date then? Thanks for the info.

With the increased production I may get it sooner just haven't asked. I figured worst case scenario. I don't know but I read about Screws getting priority over Scabs. I ordered a Scab. Also my salesman mentioned something about holiday shutdown or something. Hopefully I am wrong on how long it will take.

MS Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would happen if a dealer doesn't have an allocation and ordered one anyway?

My dealer didn't have an allocation for a Raptor when I ordered mine. I don't think this would be a bad thing necessarily. I am the only order at my dealer for a Raptor so when they do get their allocation I will get mine first rather than being way down the totem pole at another dealer who does gave some allocations but lots of people on the list ahead of you.
Just my opinion on this.