oil dipstick recall? 2010 6.2L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
so i got an oil change at my local ford dealer and a few days later my oil pressure gauge dropped and the dash oil light came on so i checked to oil to find out that it was way over the fill line and above the hole punch out max level so i then let out some oil and the light went off and pressure normal but the next day same problem! so went to dealer and they told me there might be a recall on the dipstick and not to worry its just the oil sensor ( common ford prob lol ) just keep driving and we'll get back to you ! its been 2 weeks with no answer back from ford and i'm sick of driving around with the oil light on!!!! anyone else have any problem like this or did someone at the dealership just overfill my oil and what should i do???

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WHAT !!!!!!!!!
If the needle is dropping stop driving the truck..
New dealer ASAP..
The PSI sensor and the level sensor are two different things. The level sensor will not effect the psi gauge reading electrically ..They both will shut the truck off though... PSI if it's low as well as level..
You will not have a PSI drop because of to much oil..You may have poor performance besuse the crank is splashing threw oil but you will not have low PSI.
Something goofy is going on and I would not drive the truck till it is found...No oils PSI = blown motor..
It's sounds like your truck is starving for oil to me....

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i got an oil change at my local ford dealer and a few days later my oil pressure gauge dropped and the dash oil light came on so i checked to oil to find out that it was way over the fill line and above the hole punch out max level so i then let out some oil and the light went off and pressure normal but the next day same problem! so went to dealer and they told me there might be a recall on the dipstick and not to worry its just the oil sensor ( common ford prob lol ) just keep driving and we'll get back to you ! its been 2 weeks with no answer back from ford and i'm sick of driving around with the oil light on!!!! anyone else have any problem like this or did someone at the dealership just overfill my oil and what should i do???

Any update on this? I also have a '10 but have never had this problem.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
What a joke!

Your dealer is so full of crap! You don't need a dip stick when you change your oil, it is used for checking oil level between changes. 6.2 takes 7 qtrs. of oil with a filter change. If the dealer added the right amount of oil you wouldn't have pressure or oil light issues. Sounds like a serious problem and not a bad dip stick! Come on!! Go to another dealer and when they find the real problem notify Ford what the crappy dealer did and told you.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHAT !!!!!!!!!
If the needle is dropping stop driving the truck..
New dealer ASAP..
The PSI sensor and the level sensor are two different things. The level sensor will not effect the psi gauge reading electrically ..They both will shut the truck off though... PSI if it's low as well as level..
You will not have a PSI drop because of to much oil..You may have poor performance besuse the crank is splashing threw oil but you will not have low PSI.
Something goofy is going on and I would not drive the truck till it is found...No oils PSI = blown motor..
It's sounds like your truck is starving for oil to me....

Keith, how do you perform this test if the engine will not run with no/low oil pressure?
Oil Pressure Test
Disconnect and remove the Engine Oil Pressure (EOP) switch from the engine. Refer to the appropriate section in Group 303 for the procedure.
Connect the Oil Pressure Gauge to the oil pressure port.
Run the engine until normal operating temperature is reached.
With the engine at idle record the gauge reading.
The oil pressure should be within specifications; refer to the specifications in the appropriate engine section.
If the pressure is not within specification, GO to Pinpoint Test A .

I am 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999% confident that this is not true. Now, I have out of the business for a while but I have the FSM on DVD and it doesnt show anywhere that the engine will do this.

If the level is to high or to low it can cause Insufficient power
Let me add that how does the engine start when its been sitting over night, the oil had drained down? When you crank the engine at start up it has zero oil pressure. Hoe does it see the pressure to start?

Last edited: