Oil Consumption

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironwood

Reaction score
I find it very odd that people go so long without checking their oil. When my ordered Raptor gets to me, I will be checking it over very closely. Part of that inspection will be checking fluid levels. With a Screw’s 36 gallon gas tank, it certainly isn’t overkill to check fluid levels at each fill up. What else are you going to do while it fills, take a nap?

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is getting burned off. I wonder if this truck also has the oil pan leak too?

Does it get confusing for you to post under different names on the same thread?

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

I find it very odd that people go so long without checking their oil. When my ordered Raptor gets to me, I will be checking it over very closely. Part of that inspection will be checking fluid levels. With a Screw’s 36 gallon gas tank, it certainly isn’t overkill to check fluid levels at each fill up. What else are you going to do while it fills, take a nap?

Lol. I just checked my oil level because it had been 8000 miles since last oil change. It was still at full. Plan on changing again soon. Maybe 10k miles

TechM3

Reaction score
looks like this thread is a few months old but same thing here... happened right about 3900 miles - Low oil pressure warning which triggered limp mode, pulled over to check everything out. Turned off the truck turned it back on - truck acted like nothing even happen , then the check engine light came one and received misfire errors through the FordPass app.

Anytime I would accelerate over 4500RPM this same cycle would occur.

Truck has since been in the dealership for 6 weeks now while the do a complete tear down and inspection of the motor as directed by Ford.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm at 17,900 and I've not lost a drop of oil. Checked it for the first time in about 4k miles after a hot day at the rally track and it is as full as when I got it changed at 14k.

FNG

Reaction score
I had my 2018 Raptor Valve Cover Gaskets replaced last week. Ford has a bulletin out to replace valve cover gaskets because of oil consumpttion. The gasket gets folded over and oil goes directly into engine and is burnt in combustion chamber. Absolutley no exterior oil leaks or wet exhaust. It was covered on warranty, but what happens down the road?