Official 2024 R Quality Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BahaBlastediam

Reaction score
Few weird things with mine as mentioned by others:

- R button stopped (disconnected/connected battery and it’s working again)

-auto start and then was unable to lock or unlock my doors both by key fob or door buttons (had to disconnect battery again and now working)

-small deep scratch about 1/4 inch under front headlamp

-rear appliqué corners slightly loose not as bad as some photos in this thread but def loose (might use 3m adhesive to fix it myself)

bakwaas4eva

Reaction score
Had a 2017 gen 2 now I purchased an R...Love the truck had it for about a month and I'm extremely happy and blessed the car gave no issues till it rained yesterday and this speaker or microphone on the passenger side under the Sunroof is leaking ... dropping it back off to the dealership next week ... so their water expert can come into examine what's wrong... anybody else have this issue with R or any raptor in general???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240524_231033_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240524_231033_Gallery.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 26

Toby Stark

Reaction score
I've had my R for 9 days and so far am impressed with the attention to detail and build quality; superior to anything else I've owned. The one obvious deficiency is the delay from start up to getting full working dash electronics; believe that's typical with f150s and a minor gripe.
Planning on ceramic coating in a few weeks; torn on trying to do something worthwhile to the underbody to protect it; I'm aware of the negatives of that but couldn't stand how corroded my 2020 f150 Roush was despite constant underbody washing in Rochester NY weather. Opinions on undercoating would be appreciated.IMG_7585.jpeg

NACHOMASTER

Reaction score
Had a 2017 gen 2 now I purchased an R...Love the truck had it for about a month and I'm extremely happy and blessed the car gave no issues till it rained yesterday and this speaker or microphone on the passenger side under the Sunroof is leaking ... dropping it back off to the dealership next week ... so their water expert can come into examine what's wrong... anybody else have this issue with R or any raptor in general???
My 24 802a did the same thing. After trying to adjust the glass, which didn’t work, they replaced the seal and that fixed the issue. We have had plenty of rain in KC since and there have been no leaks.

The leak did leave a very light stain on the leather part of the racaro, my dealer hasn’t figured out how they want to deal with that.

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my 24 R for about 2 weeks now.
Issues have been annoying to say the least.
R button stopped working almost immediately.
Automatic unlock never works now post ppf. I even get a ‘no key detected” error randomly after starting the car.
Some minor CarPlay annoyances.
Some trim pieces aren’t attached right.
And now today I started to hear this whine at low rpm. Acceleration seems shot. Assuming it’s the supercharger failing. Need to bring it in. FML
I’m kinda irritated by all this…
Would CEL come on if it was failing? What else would cause a sudden whine and crap performance with no errors showing?

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my 24 R for about 2 weeks now.
Issues have been annoying to say the least.
R button stopped working almost immediately.
Automatic unlock never works now post ppf. I even get a ‘no key detected” error randomly after starting the car.
Some minor CarPlay annoyances.
Some trim pieces aren’t attached right.
And now today I started to hear this whine at low rpm. Acceleration seems shot. Assuming it’s the supercharger failing. Need to bring it in. FML
I’m kinda irritated by all this…
Would CEL come on if it was failing? What else would cause a sudden whine and crap performance with no errors showing?
The consistent listing of people saying issues with the R button is weird. My R button on my MY22 works all the time.

For your auto door locks, did your installer attempt to pop the cover off the door? I've never put PPF on my door handles. After 2 years, my doorhandles still look like new, only thing on them is ceramic. Might be worth taking it off.

Carplay sucks sadly.... Sucks in my gt350, sucks in the Raptor, and sucks in my wife's bronco.