Official 2023 Raptor R Order Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluesmurf

Reaction score
According to a source at Ford Performance, the only updates will be a slight change to the front bumper, front headlights and rear taillights; everything else will stay the same.
Yes, that is correct, but the interior also gets the update too. The interior closely matches the Lightning and gets HUD. The 24 model should have all the “missed” options from the 23.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is correct, but the interior also gets the update too. The interior closely matches the Lightning and gets HUD. The 24 model should have all the “missed” options from the 23.
Has the interior been confirmed?; the last I was told that there hasn’t been any confirmation on the interior at this time. Would be great if they added all of the interior lighting back in along with the heated steering wheel, so we don’t have to continue to add everything after getting the vehicle with workarounds.

bluesmurf

Reaction score
Has the interior been confirmed?; the last I was told that there hasn’t been any confirmation on the interior at this time. Would be great if they added all of the interior lighting back in along with the heated steering wheel, so we don’t have to continue to add everything after getting the vehicle with workarounds.
Yep. The 24 Raptor R prototype was running around with the new front (lights, bumper), new back, and the interior covered (except the vertical screen was visible).

Spartylamb

Reaction score
None of those listed updates will affect the premiums being paid for 23’s. If you are getting an R, do you care about a change in taillights or headlights or a HUD? When I stomp my foot down and smile, that’s what I paid for. Also exclusivity.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. The 24 Raptor R prototype was running around with the new front (lights, bumper), new back, and the interior covered (except the vertical screen was visible).
Interesting, now I am thinking to push my 2023 order to a 2024.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Interesting, now I am thinking to push my 2023 order to a 2024.
I wouldn't push it for any of that stuff...now all of these 1st year issues that seem to be happening would be a legit reason. Plus who knows if you can even get the 24 if you push. But hey--people seem to be passing (even 37's) because of heating wheel delete. Dumb.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't push it for any of that stuff...now all of these 1st year issues that seem to be happening would be a legit reason. Plus who knows if you can even get the 24 if you push. But hey--people seem to be passing (even 37's) because of heating wheel delete. Dumb.
I just put my order in on my Raptor R last week. Not sure how long the wait will be.

in regards to the first year issues, hopefully they are sorted out.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just put my order in on my Raptor R last week. Not sure how long the wait will be.

in regards to the first year issues, hopefully they are sorted out.
Were you given an allocation for 2023 and issued a VIN and build date?

If not your order will be pushed and on hold for a possible 2024 allocation. I’m told by my source at Ford Performance that Ford is not issuing any more VIN’s for 2023 R’s at this time.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
None of those listed updates will affect the premiums being paid for 23’s. If you are getting an R, do you care about a change in taillights or headlights or a HUD? When I stomp my foot down and smile, that’s what I paid for. Also exclusivity.
Agreed, my second R allocation is on hold at the moment, and I personally could care less if it is a 2023 or 2024. I like the current headlights and tail lights on my R and the bumper is irrelevant to me, for the one I currently have is coming off anyways.

As far as the interior is concerned, you can add the interior missing lights, and the heating steering wheel if you really want those creature comforts. Would it have been nice to have the R already come with those features, 1000% yeah, however would I let that detour me from purchasing a R or letting go of an allocation because of those features being deleted, absolutely not… But that’s me.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were you given an allocation for 2023 and issued a VIN and build date?

If not your order will be pushed and on hold for a possible 2024 allocation. I’m told by my source at Ford Performance that Ford is not issuing any more VIN’s for 2023 R’s at this time.
I live in Canada. Does that make a difference? The dealer is saying they have 1 allocation left. I was not issued a VIN. Are they not being honest?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc