Official 2023 Raptor R Order Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justicerunner

Reaction score
What dealer in Ohio did you snag one from? Most of the people I know locally here who have been looking were told they were all already spoken for, nice find.
I don’t have it yet…we’ll see.‍♀️I’m going to keep whatever happens posted, for sure. This forum is good way to post about it and follow, I’m actually pretty at keeping up with this type of thing.

justicerunner

Reaction score
Has anyone actually received one yet?

I mean, where are they? I rarely see raptors period especially in Ohio.

I also have/had a house in Florida, but since the hurricane, all I see there are rv’s, tents and trash. I usually see VERY EXPENSIVE cars. But, since Ian, it’s just devastation as far as the eye can see. I can’t even get to the beach…this truck is definitely a pick me up, considering all the destruction and no fun there.

If I do actually get a raptor R, I wouldn’t leave it in Florida. Maybe drive it back and forth, but I don’t love driving all the way down there. We’ll see!

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would submit the order. What do they require to secure the allocation? $1k down? Worse case scenario you back out when it is delivered, but it will probably take at least a year before you see that order.

Some may disagree, but that $30k adm will look like chump change 5 years from now. Given how much Bronco Raptors are going for, I think the first couple Rs will easily hit $150-175k. Once the R is discontinued, it will be a rare commodity that demands a premium.
I passed. They wanted $2500 non refundable and they gave me a "deadline at 5pm the order must be in". They also d!cked me around back in July. said they had only 2 allocations and they were taking bids. First one went for.... $46k ADM. They offered me the 2nd allocation at $35k over... now they have a 3rd at $30 over. I told them id give them $10k over and donate $20k to whatever charity they wanted on their behalf... they laughed...

bigft678

Reaction score
Just got a call today on a R. Dealer received the allocation today and I received confirmation for a 23 R in Avalanche. Curious about what I should expect for lead time?
Do you happen to know if this was a new allocation the dealer got, or an old one the dealer had that wasn't taken and now being shopped around?

justicerunner

Reaction score
Congrats. I am surprised there are still allocations out there available.
I spoke to my dealership after reading these allocation questions and the “surprise” that Ford still has these well sought after $150,000+ trucks, that everyone who needs a truck seems to be getting….they told me to not believe what I read on the forums…not sure what to believe, but they assured me, I’d be getting my truck…eventually.

I personally just can’t believe that a truck at this price point would be unavailable…even I thought, should I be purchasing a nice 911 or a different fancier car…I mean, for $150,000+, most people are going to think twice, it’s a lot of money…for a truck, when I could purchase a platinum for $50-60,000 less.

All these men who are married…come on, dudes, you know most of your women would lose it, if you showed up with a truck at this price point! I mean, I’m single, thank god, but this is why I don’t want a spouse! But, most men can’t be single, they can barely walk by themselves…most women aren’t going to let their man buy one of these trucks…come on, you know I’m right!

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to my dealership after reading these allocation questions and the “surprise” that Ford still has these well sought after $150,000+ trucks, that everyone who needs a truck seems to be getting….they told me to not believe what I read on the forums…not sure what to believe, but they assured me, I’d be getting my truck…eventually.

I personally just can’t believe that a truck at this price point would be unavailable…even I thought, should I be purchasing a nice 911 or a different fancier car…I mean, for $150,000+, most people are going to think twice, it’s a lot of money…for a truck, when I could purchase a platinum for $50-60,000 less.

All these men who are married…come on, dudes, you know most of your women would lose it, if you showed up with a truck at this price point! I mean, I’m single, thank god, but this is why I don’t want a spouse! But, most men can’t be single, they can barely walk by themselves…most women aren’t going to let their man buy one of these trucks…come on, you know I’m right!
They have 45,000 vehicles sitting on lots…that’s probably $2bil worth of unusable inventory (most of which is a luxury purchase for the person ordering). If something bad happened in the financial markets (worse than our 20% loss of 401k value), they could be stuck with it. I don’t know what Ford’s thought is, and it seems like a gamble from both a financial and a brand/CS perspective.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
There are plenty of people who can drop that for a truck. And, the estimates of R production were only around 2,500. The dealership will say whatever they need to to get people in the system. I’m sure they know that all these forums have access to people who are in the know. Many who know more than the salesperson there. Don’t get me wrong, I do hope you get your truck. Good luck to you.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not a chance! For one, once it’s mine, I rarely sell things, I don’t really have to.
Plus, I’ve been driving different Porsches, as my daily driver, since 2015…I’m nervous I won’t be happy with the power or luxury of this truck…I’m fearing both will be subpar or not what I’m used to…‍♀️

Before 2015, it was a huge GMC Yukon Denali…I just hope this a pleasant enough ride for me.‍♀️I remember the denali wasn’t that nice inside and it had a weak engine, I always felt like I was shoving it to get going, especially on the highway.

I’ve never owned a Ford. Actually, I have an F-450 V8, in my 31 foot RV. But, not besides that. It is noisy…might be all the kids wrestling and screaming in the back though.‍♀️That’s probably not a great representation of a ford.

(I’m not a total luxury monger…I also own an old beater Jeep in Florida…I feel like a teenager when I drive it!☺️But, I hope this truck is nice enough.‍♀️)
Dang it :(

Fine, post lots of pics in 2024..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc