NorCal Rallycross in a Raptor?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Braaaaptor

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great photo's, thanks for sharing, looks like a lot of fun! If you're ever up in the Redding area, I used to take my Raptor up in the forestry roads by Whiskeytown Lake, haven't been up there in a few years now, so things might of changed.

Absolutely, we're looking for a camping spot near Shasta for later this summer. My girlfriend surprised me being interested in spending a night under the stars.

RallyCross is a BLAST! I'm waiting until I replace my tires to do another event. 29K miles on OEM's is not conducive to great times.

My KO2's are at 28k. I think I'll replace them after this next event in June. Their performance especially in the mud was less than stellar.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, we're looking for a camping spot near Shasta for later this summer. My girlfriend surprised me being interested in spending a night under the stars.

My KO2's are at 28k. I think I'll replace them after this next event in June. Their performance especially in the mud was less than stellar.
the truck already understeers jn the front and over steers in the rear. in mud because of that, and the weight of the truck, you will push straight through mud. very easy to miss the turn in mud. even with mt tires. but the depth of the mud will determine how much of it happens.

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
I'm in NorCal as well. Looks like fun. Thanks for sharing.

Another fun place I discovered recently is Stonyford. I haven't taken the Raptor there yet but some of the trails are definitely wide enough. I've taken my RZR through them. They're a blast. Stick to the fire roads.

One of my favorite places is Hungry Valley off the grapevine (4+ hours south of the Bay). Although you have to plan to get "pinstripes" in certain areas. There's lots of spots to catch mild air through the tall whoops. Bring a drone if you have access to one. I haven't yet but will the next time I hit that destination. There's tons of camping spots and a clean truck stop 20 minutes away with pay-to-shower stations. Night driving there is also a blast but you'll want upgraded lights as it's really dark.

Sleepy996

Reaction score
Just signed up for a rallycross event this coming sunday down here in florida. I have participated before in other vehicles but never the raptor. The course is wide open and the weather isnt calling for any rain so surface should be dried clay, sand and gravel.

Any suggestions on what mode I should put the truck in ? Obviously traction will be off and tire psi around 35-38psi ?

OP
OP
Braaaaptor

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heck yeah! That's awesome, hope you have fun. The only downside is if they heavily water that course because the clay really gums up in KO2s (assuming you have KO2s).

I suggest starting in deep snow/sand 4H for your first run or two. It'll give you the happy medium in terms of throttle and brake response and you can feel how the truck is pitching and rolling through corners. Then in your second or third run try baja mode 4H. This will definitely be more aggressive and only really usable if the course is more open and flowy. It's much faster especially when you start using hard braking to pivot the truck around corners.

For PSI I just kept it similar to street pressure. Usually 35 PSI all around.