Noisy NEW KO2's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue Thunder

Reaction score
Ok, maybe y'all have figure it out. But, I have 60K on my original K2's. Just got a nail in one of them and went to Ford dealership here, to get my replacement. I was one of the guys that bought a tire warranty. Replaced one tire already when the truck only had about 3500 miles on it. Anyway, the tire guy was saying that the tires are now being made in a different plant and dealerships/tire shops are having issues with the new tires, in the past year. Tires not being truely round and not being able to keep a balance....so now rethinking replacing them. Who knows, I tend to not believe service advisors. Thoughts???

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The “not round”, “hard to balance” issues happened in the early days of Raptor KO2’s also.

Personally I’m on set three and have had good luck. I do replace them at around 30k due to living off pavement 6 months a year on very rough/rocky roads. I also use balance beads, which I’m happy with.

Last edited:

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like @nikhsub1 said wheel bearing. I rotated mine and with in 50 miles had a tire noise from front left wheel thought it was the tire at first went to Discount tire where I purchased the new tires from had about 10,000 on the tires had rotated once already the guys checked the tires said it was all good I pulled my same size spare off and tried that same noise and after about a month of the dealer saying it was tire they pulled the hub. Guess what, it was the bearing on the left front!!!!! So new hub and bearing under warranty and all is quiet again. Good luck with your issue.

Navigator55

Reaction score
I just started getting a hum from the front left. I thought maybe it was road noise from the KO2s as I'm hitting 26K. But it came on all of a sudden after my last off road adventure. It seems to be most noticeable at 25-30 mph. Is it normal to only replace the driver side or if one is going bad do both fronts?

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do some trouble shooting first. Put your spare on the front left. If the sound is gone, it’s the tire. If the sound is still there, it is something mechanical…possibly a wheel bearing…possibly something else.