GEN 2 Newbie Here...Looking for decision thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GR8Ride

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would offer $500 over invoice to the dealer who told you he can order you a 2019 Raptor, order exactly what you want, wait a few months, and enjoy your new Raptor. Have them give you a trade quote for your 2016 F150, trade F150 when new Raptor arrives.

I've bought 3 Raptors exactly as I described above.
Dealer just sent a confirmation email:
1.) $500.00 over invoice
2.) Guaranteed trade in price or can sell on my own.
3.) Build it the way I want it
Thanks matt33! It was a bit of work but I believe well worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kraftei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of if's... there may be no significant changes for 2020 and that's a long time to wait... currently there seems to be a overstock of Raptors so there are some deals to be had.

Ps. as another Poster stated, avoid the first year of any remodel. I usually wait two years so there will be no major recalls and the necessary updates have already happened. There will always be the guy that has to have the first year new model, with that comes a higher price tag and potential mechanical issues, something to consider.

Reaction score
Don’t overthink. I took delivery of my 19 a few weeks ago and have loved every minute of windshield time! I ordered mine exactly how I wanted it, and got it at MSRP. There are folks who have gotten a better deal, but I’m happy with mine.
If you wait till the new and improved model, you will miss out on driving an awesome truck today!

northerner77

Reaction score
I’ve been beating myself up with the same questions. Should I wait or should I order now. I’m sick of hearing all this stuff about a V8, dodge is coming out with this crap......I honestly don’t believe the V8 is coming, possibly a reprogrammed Eco or something but I have heard many positive reviews of this truck. Outbound of the complaints about the sound, it is amazing in every other way period.

OP
OP
GR8Ride

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s where I landed:

-Got the deal I had hoped for on an order for 2019- $500 over invoice.
- Guaranteed Trade in price when truck arrives in 3 months.
-Both deals are separate so I can sell my current truck anytime for more $.
-Truck will take 3 months to arrive exactly the way I want it.
- I can start my planned build now while learning from the amazing group here.
- So many here are so excited about there Raptor they can hardly stand it.
- I want that!
- What if tomorrow doesn’t come?
- What if the $ that’s here today isn’t later?
- If I hear something that the 2020’s are going to have that I have to have? I do not have to purchase the ordered truck.
- If I decide after purchase that the 2020 is a must have, the 2019 should hold its resale pretty well and the great deal I got helps this as well.

There may be more but this is what has been keeping me awake at night for to long! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk