New Video - GEN 3 Clearly has a V-8 Option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just my thinking, perhaps it's wrong. If the supercharged v8 is a reality, how has nobody heard the supercharger whine with one of these driving around with how heavily the test mules seem to be stalked?

It makes me think that if the V8 is happening, a non-supercharged option will be available.

Regardless of any engine option, the new F150 front end won't do any favors for the raptor compared to the Gen 2 in my opinion.
Very simple, none of the videos that have been “leaked” have shown the truck in boost. All just low rpm or cruising on the highway. No way it would be a Naturally aspirated V8. It will be forced induction.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I fail to see the relevance of the comparison.... please explain

I'm not comparing, I am saying as an alternative, want some off road capabilities with a lot of power to be coaxed out of the 7.3 with aftermarket

I would absolutely get a7.3 Tremor for 60K over some 95K v8 Raptor-R

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not denying that there won't be a V8 option coming. I'm just trying to say the Gen 3 with the V6 will come with an active valve exhaust. Why does the truck have an intercooler cutout into the front like all the other Gen 3 spy shots? Because it has a V6. A V8 will be available next year.

:)

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From the press release:

Best-performing: High-output 3.5-liter EcoBoost® engine delivers better low-end torque, enables greater maximum towing and increased maximum payload capability, brings a projected EPA-estimated range of over 500 milesƗ, and class-exclusive* active valve dual exhaust for throatier engine sound

A new three-inch equal-length exhaust system features a patent-pending built-in X-pipe, unique “trombone loop” and first-for-Raptor active valves. The system takes advantage of a true pass-through muffler design that improves sound quality. Customers can configure four sound level modes – Quiet, Normal, Sport and Baja.

Last edited: