New Raptor smoked mirror lenses by RECON!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These lenses are not the cheap black plastic covers that Ford sells for the base model F-150 work trucks. These lights are smoke reflectors and licensed by Ford Motor company. We are also working on them with LEDs that can be wired as running lights or turn signals which will be available by late summer.

If you are more comfortable spray painting the lights on a $65,000 truck then obviously this is not the product for you.

No offense but if you are quoting the price of a Raptor at $65k perhaps your idea of real world pricing needs some serious attention

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These lenses are not the cheap black plastic covers that Ford sells for the base model F-150 work trucks. These lights are smoke reflectors and licensed by Ford Motor company. We are also working on them with LEDs that can be wired as running lights or turn signals which will be available by late summer.

If you are more comfortable spray painting the lights on a $65,000 truck then obviously this is not the product for you.

My momma had a word for a response like this: SNOTTY.

It doesn't matter what kind of plastic those things are made of, or what additional features may be availble with them at higher cost in the future. Those plastic tabs are plastic tabs, and anything over $20 is a ********.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This coming from a company with more reports of leaking lights than not? And reports of telling the consumer to use silicon to reseal their leaky lights?

I think we all value you as a supporting vendor, but come on...

:xmasorlyflag:

kwickert

Reaction score
"We are also working on them with LEDs that can be wired as running lights or turn signals which will be available by late summer."

^ That is what I'm looking for!

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My momma had a word for a response like this: SNOTTY.

It doesn't matter what kind of plastic those things are made of, or what additional features may be availble with them at higher cost in the future. Those plastic tabs are plastic tabs, and anything over $20 is a ********.

Hey Hey give them some credit, their products are made from the finest plastics and metals china has to offer :crazy:

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"We are also working on them with LEDs that can be wired as running lights or turn signals which will be available by late summer."

^ That is what I'm looking for!

If your Raptor is like mine an does not have the factory LED turn signals in the mirrors, then you should know that there's no wires in the mirrors to plug into to make aftermarket running lights or turn signals work.

kwickert

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Screw - It has the LED signals on the mirrors, except they are not front facing. I'm looking to turn the reflectors on the front of the mirrors into runninglights/signals. If recon has these mirror lenses pre-wired with LEDs they might be worth the price.

Heres hoping the instructions are decent though..Not sure where to tap in, to make them function as running lights

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Screw - It has the LED signals on the mirrors, except they are not front facing. I'm looking to turn the reflectors on the front of the mirrors into runninglights/signals. If recon has these mirror lenses pre-wired with LEDs they might be worth the price.

Heres hoping the instructions are decent though..Not sure where to tap in, to make them function as running lights

If theyre charging $80 for 2 1"x4" pieces of plastic, imagine how much itll be when they throw electronics in it.

And didnt a few people already do this mod for around $20? I dont mind paying a little extra if it saves me some tedious work, but this is a little high. and by a little, i mean a lot.