New Member from Upstate NY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson49

Reaction score
Hi guys,

New member from Upstate, NY (Saratoga Springs). 2012 s'crew in Tuxedo black. Looking forward to getting to know some (or all) of you guys and get the most out of my truck!

Can't wait to check out all of your trucks, and start tearing into mine!

Cheers!

Joe

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Wilson49 Hell yeah another upstate forum member. Welcome and congrats on getting the best color. I am from Central NY about 2.5 hours west of you. You'll find most other NY members are from The People's Republic of NYC or the Island so it's nice to see someone else from the real state of. I only know that leadtheway is from our sort of neck of the woods. IDK how it is around you but I am the only one with a Raptor in my area. The only other ones I have seen are an occasional one or two in the past several years that get off the thruway at my town's exit so it's nice to have someone else around and also a forum member. Enjoy it!

OP
OP
W

Wilson49

Reaction score
@Mike175 Thanks man! I travel through CNY all the time for work (I cover Albany-Buffalo) and I always look to see who's driving Raptors when I see them on 90. I went to school in Morrisville so I've also lived out there for a while!

There seem to be a TON of Raptors in the Albany/Saratoga area, but most are driven by local contractors or bar owners. I haven't met a single "enthusiast" yet. I am currently looking for trail/off road clubs in the area. I know a few friends that get together in the Adirondacks on some private leased land and I hope to get up there this Spring.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, I have a brother that lived in Saratoga for awhile, and is still close to there actually. I am more near the Pulaski area if you ever get around these parts. And I usually go trail riding around in lowville to Barnes corners and montague in the summer. I stick to the bigger main trails and watch for atvs and utvs, but rarely see any anyways.

Last edited:

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Wilson49 if you ever pass by exit 40 and have time let me know. I live right off the exit. When you head up north this spring let me know too, maybe I could invite myself along as well.
@farman you are pretty close to me as well I never knew. I have a camp off Soft Maple Road near Croghan. We (my brother also a raptor owner) do some fooling around up there too on all the unpaved roads. I know your area around Lowville and barnes corners. This time of year would be a lot of fun if we weren't restricted due to all the sleds. My wife and I also head up that way often in the summer working on our 46er and firetower collection. We will have to get together at some point. A year or two ago I tried to arrange a fall foliage run up there in the fall on all those roads like I had done with my jeep club but didn't seem to be the interest in it. maybe this fall..

OP
OP
W

Wilson49

Reaction score
@farman I actually get to Pulaski at least once or twice a year. A good friend of mine is a professional guide so we almost always go in the fall for the salmon run!
@Mike175 I actually do a lot of work with the pitstop convenience store chain and was just at the Weedsport store about a week or so ago! Definitely have to link up, and would be awesome to get a adirondack cruise together.
@All The Way My business counterpart lives in Tonawanda/Niagara Falls so I am out there all the time!