New location for Rigid cubes ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TO 8217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone here ever seen someone flush mount a set of Rigid cubes in the black squares on each side of the bumper next to the center vent? Thinking about being creative here but some one may have already foraged the way? Would there be sufficient depth as to not interfere with any thing behind the lower grille?

upload_2019-10-26_13-16-56.jpeg

upload_2019-10-26_13-17-34.png

OP
OP
TO 8217

TO 8217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to put a set of the Dully Pro’s in the vent area!

upload_2019-10-26_13-28-7.jpeg

upload_2019-10-26_13-29-29.png

Just wonder if there is a way? I’m sure many have thought of this before but there is a reason no one has done it by now.

Schizofilly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No expert here, but IIRC the driver's side black square hides the ACC if so equipped. If not equipped, it should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TO 8217

TO 8217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No expert here, but IIRC the driver's side black square hides the ACC if so equipped. If not equipped, it should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup you would be correct as i just figured that out after looking behind the cover and i do have the ACC. Bummer and that would be a cool spot for those. Oh well !!!
I do think you could get away with a set of the flush mount D series with a Dremel done correctly and stainless steel bolts with washers on the back side and lock nuts.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@TO 8217

There's definitely room there in the center to mount lights. Obviously some will require a bit of fab work. Something else to consider is the Baja Designs 10" Onx6. It offers an absolute ton of light and a brackets designed specifically to mount back there. Just one more option.

Link --->>> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

IgVwpgJ.jpg

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TO 8217 great idea! Quick question, what Rigid lights did you go with? Looks like from inside out Hypersport, Driving Diffused and then Driving on the ends? Trying to decide what setup I'm going with and if I go with the KC Flex in Amber on the ends or the 3 pods like you and no bezel.

OP
OP
TO 8217

TO 8217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TO 8217 great idea! Quick question, what Rigid lights did you go with? Looks like from inside out Hypersport, Driving Diffused and then Driving on the ends? Trying to decide what setup I'm going with and if I go with the KC Flex in Amber on the ends or the 3 pods like you and no bezel.

Pretty close :
Inside spot
Middle SAE
Outside driving

OP
OP
TO 8217

TO 8217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my full set up: and had a discussion in the general forum so i just pasted it here to share.

Regarding 360 pro’s : I did follow up with some people regarding wind noise and was told absolutely Zero. I debated 4 vs. 6 and originally was doing the D series pro’s which is 3x3. The guy at Rigid told me the out put is so much better with the 6” and actually fits perfect.

Wiring : back lighting wire to up fitter switch 6 lowest amp 5.
Power (red) to up fitter switch 2 and then ground

For me: #1 RDS SR 40” light bar : up fitter switch 1 with power off of battery due to out put amps needed.
2. 360 pros up fitter switch 2 and 6 for back light.
3. D series pro SAE fog up fitter 3
4. D series pro driving and Spot up fitter 4

Up fitter 5 is blank at the moment.
Up fitter 5 i could use and the flush mount midnight edition D series pro in the lower bumper pictured above. I think I’m getting to the point were I’m getting carried away with it though hahaha.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TO 8217

TO 8217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured what the heck so i just went ahead and ordered the flush mound D series pictured above. Going to do some fabricating and make this work on the lower grille with a Dremel and stainless steel locking screws. Worst case scenario i have to repurchase the lower grille area. Which i will anyway so i can remove the lights when its time to sell the truck.
I’m hoping the lights come with a template to cut . anyone here know if they do ?

OP
OP
TO 8217

TO 8217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TO 8217

There's definitely room there in the center to mount lights. Obviously some will require a bit of fab work. Something else to consider is the Baja Designs 10" Onx6. It offers an absolute ton of light and a brackets designed specifically to mount back there. Just one more option.

Link --->>> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

IgVwpgJ.jpg
Thank you but i am just trying to stay with Rigid, it’s the OCD side of me.