NEW GUY, LOUISIANA owner with input on LIGHTS & TUNE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RajunCajun37

Banned
Reaction score
Not looking for trouble, been too busy to follow up.

Just did most of my lights in LED. More coming tomorrow and I have PLASMA LED's coming next month. I have a few tricks aka: MODs up my sleeve. Don't wanna share just yet but materials are in route.

Figured out how to reset my SYNC when it fails to connect
Adjusted my sound settings
Did Mid-Perch mod, one man job
Coverted to LED's
Looking to polyfill my subwoofer box for more bass
Waiting to get MPT software
Might do exhaust work but don't want CAI intake. Dust and water here in Louisiana so stock air box stays, maybe need a snorkle kit.

Interested in LOCKPICK or NAV/TV
MIGHT remove the CATs
And I'm gonna take the truck to the drag strip before and after I get the MPT software. I expect to see the difference where it counts. AT THE STRIP!

Also, looking at weight reduction. Already noticed 200 lbs. I can remove so with a tune and less weight it should **** a stock raptor in a drag race. More to come......

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've never been on a drag strip but am thinking about doing it this spring we will see have a lot to do. I seen you on fb raptor so that is when I knew you where good to go. also on frf pic or it didn't happen rules keep it real

OP
OP
R

RajunCajun37

Banned
Reaction score
We ALL can't wait.

SENT from my IPAD using Tapatalk HD

Might order new tips, one of mine is bent.
Might pick up an aftermarket muffler in Kenner, could use moar sound.

Did that perch MOD, sit'n on 2nd setting. Looks great and IMO it drives BETTER. Digging the look and the drive. Ride is a little more harsh at slow speeds but it rides like a truck. No moar nose dive when braking!

Got an LED license plate from VLEDs to assist rear view camera. It's too bulky, gotta modify it. Bright as hell, maybe install next week.

Got Amber LEDs for markers, not bright but very clean looking.
Running Philips Extreme Vision 100 headlight bulbs, happy but not excited. Good upgrade but not great. A needed upgrade cause OEM bulbs stink. Added amber/white switch backs to my turn signals. Amber is crisp and clean, I do like. White LEDs are super bright and crisp, make head lamps look like poo poo. Better visibility is a plus.

Interior all LED, moar on order from VLEDS Cause mine ain't white enough. LED CARGO and License plate. Running Plasma LED's for reverse lights. Look great ON or OFF.

BTW, no issues with HYPERFLASH on my truck. LED turn signals have no issues on 2011 trucks. No need for resistors or flashers. Might wanna stick with amber cause the white LED is very bright next to a dull halogen bulb.

I did the Subwoofer mod, posted my findings in that thread. Pretty happy with results.

I did a sweet orange reflector mod, posted a thread on that.

Next I'm looking at MPT software and a little weight loss. I'm gonna hit the drag strip soon to get times on an orginal setup.

Having issues with SYNC and Apple but might get the galaxy S IV soon. If android works well I'll do the NAV/TV mod but if I still have trouble the head unit will have to GEAUX.

not sure what else to say, I enjoy doing cheap and simple MOD's on the weekend. I hope to get better performance with a tune. I could use a little more exhaust sound. I'll settle with my sound system for now. Have no intentions of a CAI or a full exhaust setup.

Also I really like my stock wheel and tire setup. I could use brake and suspenion upgrades in the future. I do want a set of show wheels and tires. Maybe 37's sitting on 20's for show purpose because the OEM setup is peferct for most applications.

More to come!

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might order new tips, one of mine is bent.
Might pick up an aftermarket muffler in Kenner, could use moar sound.

Did that perch MOD, sit'n on 2nd setting. Looks great and IMO it drives BETTER. Digging the look and the drive. Ride is a little more harsh at slow speeds but it rides like a truck. No moar nose dive when braking!

Got an LED license plate from VLEDs to assist rear view camera. It's too bulky, gotta modify it. Bright as hell, maybe install next week.

Got Amber LEDs for markers, not bright but very clean looking.
Running Philips Extreme Vision 100 headlight bulbs, happy but not excited. Good upgrade but not great. A needed upgrade cause OEM bulbs stink. Added amber/white switch backs to my turn signals. Amber is crisp and clean, I do like. White LEDs are super bright and crisp, make head lamps look like poo poo. Better visibility is a plus.

Interior all LED, moar on order from VLEDS Cause mine ain't white enough. LED CARGO and License plate. Running Plasma LED's for reverse lights. Look great ON or OFF.

BTW, no issues with HYPERFLASH on my truck. LED turn signals have no issues on 2011 trucks. No need for resistors or flashers. Might wanna stick with amber cause the white LED is very bright next to a dull halogen bulb.

I did the Subwoofer mod, posted my findings in that thread. Pretty happy with results.

I did a sweet orange reflector mod, posted a thread on that.

Next I'm looking at MPT software and a little weight loss. I'm gonna hit the drag strip soon to get times on an orginal setup.

Having issues with SYNC and Apple but might get the galaxy S IV soon. If android works well I'll do the NAV/TV mod but if I still have trouble the head unit will have to GEAUX.

not sure what else to say, I enjoy doing cheap and simple MOD's on the weekend. I hope to get better performance with a tune. I could use a little more exhaust sound. I'll settle with my sound system for now. Have no intentions of a CAI or a full exhaust setup.

Also I really like my stock wheel and tire setup. I could use brake and suspenion upgrades in the future. I do want a set of show wheels and tires. Maybe 37's sitting on 20's for show purpose because the OEM setup is peferct for most applications.

More to come!

Interested on your thoughts on the blinkers not experiencing the hyper-flash...Did you replace the front and rear blinkers?

What bulbs did you use for the blinkers?

Thanks,

Fred

OP
OP
R

RajunCajun37

Banned
Reaction score
Respect is earned.....

I'm running VLEDS. I read that the turn signals alone won't cause problems.
2010 has a flash relay, 2011 and up does not. Flash controlled by computer. You can run front turn signal LED's without HYPERFLASH.

If you do rear LEDs it will be too big of a load reduction. Gonna need resistors. 2010 and older can probably replaced flash relay aka: FLASHER with the E27 or EP27. A heavy duty flasher is NOT load sensative. But for 2011 and up feel free to run LED signals up front.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

image-16.jpg

image-17.jpg

image-18.jpg

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which bulbs from VLEDs, I ran the LEDs in the front and it is hit or miss with the hyper flash....some trucks get it some don't with the front turns...I would get it off and on, eventually just pulled them put and put stockers Stock fried egg bulb back in...

So are those switchback LEDs? How much are they?

Yeah did the puddles too...

Fred