New Guy — Just picked up a Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CigarPundit

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kinda get why you ask this, but in reality it’s also pointless. Forget about an off-road raptor- how many 1/2 ton p/u owners even tow/haul w/ their truck? Or if they do- come even close to the usual 8-10k ratings? How many 4x4 trucks are sold in the southeast or west where they never get a flake of snow regardless if they’d take it off-road? (Remember- Baja prerunner trucks are 2wd anyhow & seem to do just fine lol)

Why would anyone buy ANY sport bike if they don’t have a race track near them since you can’t tap into even 20% of their potential on the street?

Why does the OP drive an m3 when he doesn’t live by the Nurburgring? Why does Bugatti make a car that can go 250 when there’s basically no place on planet earth to drive it that fast?

Bottom line is- stop asking the question period, because the only answer is this; why does a dog lick his balls? Cuz he can.

I don’t mind the question (and I’d buy this truck whether I intended to off-road it or not), but well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guithues

Reaction score
I guess technically my first mod is the stubby antenna, lol, since it comes today from Amazon.

I’m going to get at least 1500 miles on it before I do a tune, just to make sure everything seems to be in order and I’m not going to need early warranty work.

Probably my first real mods will be to do the FORScan coding I want. After that, here’s what I’m considering:

MPT tune

Front bumper with light bar (*****?)

Upgraded and relocated intercooler

Rear bumper & exhaust mod for better departure angle

Anderson composites CF top ($799) and side ($399) vents

Tires and bead lock rings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

profunctional

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I originally had a 2015 F150 Platinum that I loved. It was functional for my needs. I test drove every truck in its class and came back to the F150. The only downside was that I wasn't in love with the way it looked. I got the Raptor because it was an F150 but had the looks. So I traded up to one as soon as it came out.