New from Massachusetts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PoolManRaptor87

PoolManRaptor87

Reaction score
Thanks guys!
Truck has roughly 200k with an odometer discrepancy, 53,000 on the dash lol
New trans and torque converter 10k miles ago

For future mods definitely intake, exhaust, bbk throttle body, and tune.
Power stop Z36 rotors, pads, and calipers.
Fog lights.
Currently have light bar behind grill, and police PA system with siren.
Rims and tires soon as well.
I love swapping around OEM Rims. I have 3 sets for my expedition that will likely fit this as well with spacers.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Been on this forum for awhile as I've been planning to purchase a Gen1 for over the last year.
Finally picked up my 2013 Screw roughly a week ago.
I do ALMOST all the work to my vehicles myself.
View attachment 363832
Greatly appreciate having access to so many people with the knowledge I'll likely need to keep this baby alive and running for years to come!
Welcome to the forum! Nice Rigs!

OP
OP
PoolManRaptor87

PoolManRaptor87

Reaction score
Appreciate all the support guys!
While your around........
Any idea what this sound may be?
My expedition makes the same sound, but I'd like to fix it on the raptor if possible.
It's MOSTLY at low rpms while steady on throttle. sounds like a chain scraping or something. Possibly from trans or transfer case.
It drives me NUTS!!!!!!!

Anyone have similar sounds from that area?

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase! The Expedition looks good too! Sounds like both are in good hands since you do almost all of your own mechanical work!

Could the sound be as simple as a loose heat shield on the exhaust? Just a guess from someone who does almost no wrenching...lol. I had a Ranger a long time ago that rattled when a couple spot welds broke free on a heat shield. Good luck!

OP
OP
PoolManRaptor87

PoolManRaptor87

Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase! The Expedition looks good too! Sounds like both are in good hands since you do almost all of your own mechanical work!

Could the sound be as simple as a loose heat shield on the exhaust? Just a guess from someone who does almost no wrenching...lol. I had a Ranger a long time ago that rattled when a couple spot welds broke free on a heat shield. Good luck!
Thanks! We love them both. We've gotten used to the expedition making the sound as its been going on the last 100k. Kids say they know when we are coming because they can hear it lol.
I've climbed under both and can't find anything loose tho. I just don't want the raptor sounding as bad as the Expy. Looks too damn nice to sound like it's being neglected....