New from Louisiana looking for advise picking a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
intow

intow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I bought a new Subaru (I have a 800 mile drive twice a month and wanted the gas mileage) from then the day before so that helped lol.

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh, the truth comes out. Thank you sir - I was almost back to the drawing board. Called on 15 trucks now out of 25 on my list. Cheapest I have gotten is 40k for a 2011 scab w/33k miles and a ****** exhaust, 42.5k for a 2012 better loaded out, and 44k for a 2013 scab same mileage as yours. 45k for a screw sharp with methods is a great buy.

Have thought about continuing my search, but I think my day job can only take so much neglect.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
02512df11fd48ec1ac76c0488bef01aa.jpg

Holy shit I can't believe what I am seeing. Gas for $2.49?

Oh yeah, nice Raptor and all...

But damn, $2.49 for gas? That's amazing!

OP
OP
intow

intow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh? That seems high to me for around my parts.

Prices are about the same here (I'm in Oklahoma currently). Station in the pick is the only station in this town so they charge a little more. Iv seen it as low as $2.18. I work in the oilfield so id rather it be $3.18 lol.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Ahh, the truth comes out. Thank you sir - I was almost back to the drawing board. Called on 15 trucks now out of 25 on my list. Cheapest I have gotten is 40k for a 2011 scab w/33k miles and a ****** exhaust, 42.5k for a 2012 better loaded out, and 44k for a 2013 scab same mileage as yours. 45k for a screw sharp with methods is a great buy.

Have thought about continuing my search, but I think my day job can only take so much neglect.

Keep looking. I took me several months to decide on a truck. Never would have imagined I'd have finally pulled the trigger on one at a Subaru dealership lol. Iv just gotta get my pennies saved back up from buying two vehicles now so I can get to work upgrading this thing.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Gas in California is well above $3.50... my area average is about $3.59 for regular.

It was nice cruising back to CA on Route 66, seeing gas in the $2.40 range.

OK, enough hijack on the OP's thread... and you will get used to them :)

Soon enough you will find buying the Raptor was the cheap part after you start the mods and keep lots of quarters around for the mud! I'm still finding mud under the Raptor and I've washed it several times now...

OP
OP
intow

intow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soon enough you will find buying the Raptor was the cheap part after you start the mods and keep lots of quarters around for the mud! I'm still finding mud under the Raptor and I've washed it several times now...

Yeah I knew this going in lol. Iv already got a mile long list to do to it. Exhaust and tune are going to be first priorities. Cams and headers (gotta love the way the livernoise cams make it sound) will hopefully get installed in the coming months. Then of course the power adder (still undecided on turbos or supercharger) hopefully by the beginning of the year (tax time). Once Iv got all the power I can stand it will be into the suspension lol.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Merry Christmas...

Let me know if I can help you with anything.