New 2019 magnetic owner - previous Wrangler owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig Wilcox

Reaction score
Just purchased 5 hours ago. I've been a long time Jeep Wrangler Unlimited owner and decided it was time for a change after owning 6 different Wranglers over the years. Actually my wife and I both owned Wranglers until 3 days ago(2017 for me and 2019 for her). I had a long list of vehicles that I was considering, a few that I'm ashamed to mention, and I cannot tell you all how it felt to realize I'd made the best decision ever as I was on my way home in my new Raptor. My first impriessions regarding the Raptor are all positive. The B&O audio is amazing compared to what I've been use to. The power is moat welcome too coming from a lifted big tire Jeep that lacked power. After delivery I drove roughly 30 miles before checking tire pressure and was amazed to find that my pressures were at 55psi on 3 corners and 49 on the 4th. I spent about 10 minutes lowering down to 40psi and am amazed at the ride quality now. The interior is exceptionally comfortable. All I can say is wow, how refreshing and exciting it is to now be in a fully loaded Raptor. I'm looking forward to the days ahead as I learn more about my Raptor and its potential here on the forums. I'm into racing(autocross and time trials) so I'm pretty confident that I'll be looking into some HP mods within 48 hours lol.

20190516_175255.jpg

20190701_203128.jpg

Rapt-up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new Raptor, welcome to the forum. You will enjoy all the comfort,features and performance the more you drive it. It is a very comfortable and safe vehicle . You will learn a lot here on the forums and get some good information and ideas . Enjoy

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Amazing truck for sure. I’ve been in mine for a couple months and haven’t stopped smiling yet. Same air scenario for me. Finally ended up at 38 psi all around. Some go even less. Wish you the best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

horhay25

Reaction score
Congrats..I've been in my 2019 for a little less than a month..My tires were around 49psi when it came off the lot..I lowered to 38psi (per the recommendation on the door sticker) and it was a world of difference..due to the excessive potholes in and around my neighborhood, I'll probably air down the rear to 36. I added the Pedal Commander (much more fun to drive) and a MX4 bed cover. Have fun!!

DKS2814V

Reaction score
Just purchased 5 hours ago. I've been a long time Jeep Wrangler Unlimited owner and decided it was time for a change after owning 6 different Wranglers over the years. Actually my wife and I both owned Wranglers until 3 days ago(2017 for me and 2019 for her). I had a long list of vehicles that I was considering, a few that I'm ashamed to mention, and I cannot tell you all how it felt to realize I'd made the best decision ever as I was on my way home in my new Raptor. My first impriessions regarding the Raptor are all positive. The B&O audio is amazing compared to what I've been use to. The power is moat welcome too coming from a lifted big tire Jeep that lacked power. After delivery I drove roughly 30 miles before checking tire pressure and was amazed to find that my pressures were at 55psi on 3 corners and 49 on the 4th. I spent about 10 minutes lowering down to 40psi and am amazed at the ride quality now. The interior is exceptionally comfortable. All I can say is wow, how refreshing and exciting it is to now be in a fully loaded Raptor. I'm looking forward to the days ahead as I learn more about my Raptor and its potential here on the forums. I'm into racing(autocross and time trials) so I'm pretty confident that I'll be looking into some HP mods within 48 hours lol.

This is great. I have a 2017 AG Raptor that I gave to my wife. I stepped into a Defender 130 and your statements are almost spot on. Smooth, smooth power, comfortable....and I give it to my wife and go straight classic Landy style. Makes me miss my Raptor!

Congrats on the purchase! Now go to the Raptor Assault class. It's a ton of fun.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We owned and modified a 2011 Wrangler JKUR and enjoyed the Rubicon trail and many others with our beast of a Jeep machine. Had over $30k in mods and decided my wife and I would prefer being able to actually speak to each other in a vehicle instead of shouting.
Seems very few trails will allow a Raptor, so we will miss that for sure.
Blessings on your new adventure!