New 2018 Ford Raptor Owner Leadfoot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheelman76

Reaction score
I can still change my color on my order waiting to be picked up... I keep waffling between leadfoot and magnetic.. I heard with leadfoot you see swirls in the paint if you're doing auto carwashes.... my current f150 is magnetic and while I know there's swirls, you have to look for them....

OP
OP
R

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. I have the exact same color and truck. Just got it 6 weeks ago. How does it compare to the G? My wife is small and drives the Range Rover and finds the Raptor seats way too big for her.
I also have my dogs in all my cars.

I have a 2015 g63 with RENNTECH---its a beast---so much fun to drive around town but the highway needs to be "pool table smooth" to be comfortable---it also gets @8.5MPG---My right foot doesn't help. The motor has a slight lag on throttle tip-in...but it goes away fast---I think it does 0-60 @ 4.1-4.3 range---many a corvette and mustang have "surprisingly seen the taillights....lol. Love the interior and build quality...its like driving a large power boat or ocean racer on the streets...its a keeper for me...I wish the raptor motor sounded like it....

The Raptor is a pretty special vehicle....the highway ride and performance for 66K is kind of a bargain---not really sure it has any real competition.

I also have a 2016 Range Rover Supercharged---very comfortable and stereo system to die for----very good long distance car---but I always drive the G63 over the Range....It handles and brakes are like anchors. Really the raptor needs a 7-8 Speed PDK transmission and an exhaust system developed by Mercedes---the only company that can make a turbocharged motor sound right....The Raptor has a very large area in the cab with the seats up----its flat...my retriever and neighbors lab have a lot of space----The raptor has many of the great qualities of the range and the g63----The g63 has better seats(with AMG sport seats---more range of adjustment and the length of the seat bottom can adjust---a big deal for me---My lady likes the seats of the g63 but usually prefers to drive the Range Rover--the g63 scares her when she hits the gas---all hell breaks loose---it walks away from the Range Rover 0-50---above 80mph the range starts to pull ahead--its so much lighter

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0878.jpg
    IMG_0878.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0880.PNG
    IMG_0880.PNG
    327.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....last Friday....

Not quite 200 miles on the clock yet!

Northlight

Nice rig...like the running boards---Cheers

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Nice truck.

The trans will get smarter after a few thousand miles.

Mine has 7k on it and is smoother than ever.

Thanks---I like yours too...the dealers in SoCal conspired to keep me from getting one earlier this year---love the color(avalanche)---

The tranny seems to be getting better....its great until you get some grades of 5% or greater with some turns---the transmission seems to buck and hesitate---I'm going to wait until 1500 miles before a dealer visit and see if she loosens up.

Cheers

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked mine up in Indiana last Wednesday. Drove up to Michigan and back...then cross country to her new home under the Tetons. About 2,200 miles already. Suspension / wheel hop / ride quality tip: Don't drive off the lot until tires are the recommended 38 psi all the way around. Was seriously freaking out until I figured out the factory airs them up way high for shipping. Last 600 miles were like I had a whole new truck!

Attachments

• IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0852.jpg
    IMG_0852.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0853.jpg
    IMG_0853.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 111

JonnieBear

Reaction score
Picked mine up in Indiana last Wednesday. Drove up to Michigan and back...then cross country to her new home under the Tetons. About 2,200 miles already. Suspension / wheel hop / ride quality tip: Don't drive off the lot until tires are the recommended 38 psi all the way around. Was seriously freaking out until I figured out the factory airs them up way high for shipping. Last 600 miles were like I had a whole new truck!

By any chance, did you buy this car from Ray Skillman Ford?

JonnieBear

Reaction score
Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahaha this is funny. I was going to put a deposit down for that car and the salesman called me to tell me that he just sold it. Luckily they had another one in the same exact build coming in the day after so I purchased that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they get 5 or 6 Raptors per month at Ray Skillman. I recommend calling them whether they have exactly what you want or not...they can probably make it happen. (side note: also a Roush Performance dealer) Dakotah and John were easy to work with.