Need Adivse for good Bed cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at various covers as well. I want a retractable version or even an aluminum rollup such as the Roll X HD.

I have narrowed it down to;

RETRAX - question is does it come in a matte finish vs the gloss black. Like the handle and the bearings in the tract

Truck Cover USA - Like the matte finish and the smaller aluminum powerdercaoted slats. But would prefer the side handle vs the pull strap to close it.

ROLL X HD - least expensive of the 3. But my concern with this one is how long will the vynl over the aluminum slats hold up in the weather from opening and closing. Will it fade, will it crack, will it start peeling vs the aluminum powdercoated slats.

Like all 3 and I need to pick one, my truck is due in to the dealer in 10 days.

cdurbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I like the bakflip the best.
Everyone has there own opinion though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Their are so many pros and cons to each cover, I don't think you can pick just one cover.

To complicate matters :biggrin: Undercover has a new cover that will be released this year called the Elite. There is a vid on Youtube, but they don't show you all the features such as the removable LED light.

Bakflips are popular on this site, but the Flex is good too and better than the Bakflips in some regard.

Last edited:

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roll-X all the way. Looks great and extremely functional. No water in the bed. We've been through a hell of a winter and with a little chemical guys V7 spray the cover looks brand new.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you use your truck to haul toys like dirt bikes and atvs a tonneau is useless, they roll up but still cover the front 8" of the bed which mine needs or you can get a crappy or ugly one which is a waste.

I used to have a dura max with an extang soft "full tilt", it was a 30 second one piece removal and it was useful but junk at the same time. If planned I could pop it off with no tools or if caught up it would roll but never re snap. For this truck I opted to have the bed open since I don't keep anything back there anyway. If you really want me and don't mind a soft one check it out. It does not leak, it was my work truck, I live in eastern Canada and never had it let water or snow in but it was fugly.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc