My Unsatisfactory Experience With Morimoto XB Headlights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PD1744

PD1744

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@PD1744 got any pics of the offending connector? Just morbid curiosity heh, hope you get taken care of.
No sorry. Wish I would have taken a picture of the melted one. I still haven’t quite figured out what would make it to fail over time. Possibly being effected by moisture or vibration or something else.

New one is in. Works fine so far. Did notice that the center lens looked cloudy compared to the other 5 but no way in hell I’m complaining about that haha. Hope it’s all behind me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Full disclosure and all that - I’ve bought enough lights from Adam to light up a small stadium. all experiences positive.

With all the spam filters and system break ins these days, emails get missed more and more. We even make it a habit to check our spam folder constantly because sometimes we notice emails end up in there as well (yours did not, we checked). We've even seen issues where emails that get sent are on some block list as well from the service providers.

We actually didn't ignore his emails. As we stated earlier, we never received his emails.

I had a really weird find a few weeks back when my bank -staff- would reply or reply-all to my email and I would not receive it. I used an iCloud email and it worked, they got through. I could send to them fine. Their automated system could email me fine, but their staff could not reach me. Really odd.

Good lessons in this thread, and like OP, I know I’d have probably spun myself up not getting a response and it probably wouldn’t have even entered my mind to text a vendor. I just thought I’d share the email oddity for how weird things can happen.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No sorry. Wish I would have taken a picture of the melted one. I still haven’t quite figured out what would make it to fail over time. Possibly being effected by moisture or vibration or something else.

New one is in. Works fine so far. Did notice that the center lens looked cloudy compared to the other 5 but no way in hell I’m complaining about that haha. Hope it’s all behind me.

Melted? You had a melted connector???

OP
OP
PD1744

PD1744

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Melted? You had a melted connector???
Melted red isolator inside the connected. The piece the pins stick through. Discolored socket on the truck. Some electrical fuckery. I’m a mechanical guy so electric is far from a strength of mine but I have a solid fundamental understanding. My theory was something was loose inside of the connector.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I dunno. I gotta be honest at this point. To have the same side fail twice now with 2 different headlights and the fact you are seeing some melted connectors tells me something else is going on with your truck.

Let me ask you this, did you buy your truck used??

OP
OP
PD1744

PD1744

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes truck is used. But everything I’ve replaced or worked on, on it has been oem that I’ve seen. Truck was definitely a dealer serviced truck. Only aftermarket parts I’ve seen so far have been Moog wheel bearings up front and driver side CV axle. Everything else I’ve pulled off of it has been Motorcraft. And it’s been a LOT. truck is practically brand new with all the work I’ve done in the past year.

OP
OP
PD1744

PD1744

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But yes I don’t know what to make of it either. Thought about it being an issue with the truck but doesn’t explain why I have zero issues with the factory lights If it were.