GEN 2 My truck is gutless !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Comparing a fully loaded Raptor to a year old, stripped Lariat is as dumb as buying a Raptor and expecting it to be a European sports sedan.

As Forest Gump says, "Stupid is as stupid does."

And as far as caring, I couldn't give two ***** for what you think and what you do with your truck. I'm just calling it like I see it. You want to talk shit, expect to get it back. That's the way the internet works. Sorry if I offended you. Okay, I admit it, I'm not sorry.

I'm sure your truck will find a very good home and you will be thrilled in the car you should have bought in the first place.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get no options whatsoever, the base Supercrew 4x4 Lariat is $50K. You'd have to find that truck and a $15K discount. Most Lariats are going to be in the mid 50s sticker, with 10K to 12K total in discounts. I'd say $45K is way more realistic than $35K.

Hundreds of them in the mid to upper $30s.

Here is a 19’ with a $52k sticker listed for $38k... that’s before negotiations! You can imagine the offers on 18’s...

4EEA4F1A-CD32-44E6-85FD-938F572CA55F.jpeg

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Comparing a fully loaded Raptor to a year old, stripped Lariat is as dumb as buying a Raptor and expecting it to be a European sports sedan.

As Forest Gump says, "Stupid is as stupid does."

And as far as caring, I couldn't give two ***** for what you think and what you do with your truck. I'm just calling it like I see it. You want to talk shit, expect to get it back. That's the way the internet works. Sorry if I offended you. Okay, I admit it, I'm not sorry.

I'm sure your truck will find a very good home and you will thrilled in the car you should have bought in the first place.

“I don’t give two *****”
“I’m calling it like I see it”

So you do care. Make up your mind kid.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Here is a 19’ with a $52k sticker listed for $38k... that’s before negotiations! You can imagine the offers on 18’s...

View attachment 122534

OK, but you are still closer to 40K than 35K at $37,700, even with the ugly machined wheel and slathered in chrome model, which no prospective Raptor owner would want anyways. Doesn't really matter though I guess, nobody is making Lariats into Raptors, right?

JD_27

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 122534

Hey bud, just sell the Raptor and move on. Why keep making posts about how disgruntled you are? I can tell you my ‘19 smokes my Gen 1 and does everything I want it to do. I get that you are dissatisfied and we all hear that, good luck with another rig.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, but you are still closer to 40K than 35K at $37,700, even with the ugly machined wheel and slathered in chrome model, which no prospective Raptor owner would want anyways. Doesn't really matter though I guess, nobody is making Lariats into Raptors, right?

It was the first one in my quick search. Just showing that Lariats can be had for at least $15k off sticker. There were some non-believers... saying I was a fool for suggesting such a thing.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well comparing a lariat to a Raptor is ridiculous, at any price point. Raptor buyers don’t opt to buy a Raptor simply because they need a truck. Heck, if I wanted a bargain off road truck I’d buy a Titan Pro 4x. Nissan is begging people to buy them with ridiculous incentives.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey bud, just sell the Raptor and move on. Why keep making posts about how disgruntled you are? I can tell you my ‘19 smokes my Gen 1 and does everything I want it to do. I get that you are dissatisfied and we all hear that, good luck with another rig.

This is a forum to discuss Raptors... not all of the discussions will be positive. Any rational person should be able to discuss the positives and the negatives without getting emotional... it’s just a vehicle!

I do have a plan to sell... waiting on 2020 M5 and 2020 GT500 releases.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well comparing a lariat to a Raptor is ridiculous, at any price point. Raptor buyers don’t opt to buy a Raptor simply because they need a truck. Heck, if I wanted a bargain off road truck I’d buy a Titan Pro 4x. Nissan is begging people to buy them with ridiculous incentives.

Or a dodge. A coworker just bought a pretty loaded 2019 Ram for like $26k. Pretty crazy, but that's how low the price has to be to move those things...

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or a dodge. A coworker just bought a pretty loaded 2019 Ram for like $26k. Pretty crazy, but that's how low the price has to be to move those things...
Really I would not hate too much on Rams right now (I can’t believe I typed that). The new 2019s are pretty nice, especially when you get to the upper trim levels. The interior on their limited blows away the f150 limited interior. I’m not trying to compare a rebel to a raptor, but to say the New Ram trucks are trash is not fair any more.