My side steps have faded!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're so rough I don't think it matters what you put on them. Never felt any slippage.

bcerri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SC-1, used on Motot's fenders etc......can get at any Honda Dirtbike store.....absolutely perfect on anything yo spray it on.....will make side steps look like new!!!!

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SC-1, used on Motot's fenders etc......can get at any Honda Dirtbike store.....absolutely perfect on anything yo spray it on.....will make side steps look like new!!!!

I'll have to try that. I use SC-1 on my RZR when I actually want it nice and shiny looking and it works great.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

locouno

Reaction score
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/wc...ge/N3308/large/7050321_ntc_nt216_pri_larg.jpg

try no touch tire care works great on sprayed on bed liners also and does not make them slick either been using it for years. showed my detailer this trick and he now uses on his other customers vehicles. you will not be disappointed was showed this trick to revitalize bed liners when I had a spray on liner business via my franchiser

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Went through this problem years ago. truck was 10 months old.
Could never get them corrected, Ford replaced them.

Be careful, do not use any car wash solution that has wax beads or any wax additive.
Wax will burn them white, just like any other plastic parts on your truck, like the top bed side covers.

Rain X is what I used to use, threw that shit right in the garbage.

I now only wash my truck with Simple Green!!!
3 years now, running boards look like new!

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f36/running-boards-9734/

Last edited:

JackDiesel

Reaction score
Went through this problem years ago. truck was 10 months old.
Could never get them corrected, Ford replaced them.

Be careful, do not use any car wash solution that has wax beads or any wax additive.
Wax will burn them white, just like any other plastic parts on your truck, like the top bed side covers.

Rain X is what I used to use, threw that shit right in the garbage.

I now only wash my truck with Simple Green!!!
3 years now, running boards look like new!

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f36/running-boards-9734/

We use Simple Green in the oil field. Cleans oil based mud off of anything. If it can get rid of that stuff it'll clean the running boards.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The wax burnt the finish, there's no cleaning or magic solution that will fix them.

We use Simple Green for our 300+ cranes, I have access to 55 gal drums of that stuff. LOL

Last edited: