My Raptor fits in my work parking garage by an inch at the roof.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EastEndAngler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I specifically haven't swapped out my antenna to a stubby for this reason. It's the first indicator that I'm not going to "fit" . Followed by the dual NMOs antennas on the BPD mount. My Yakima racks are slightly taller than the roof of the truck. If the radio antenna scrapes, it's an automatic "no-go".

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The engineers should have known better than to design the parking garages without taking the Raptor into consideration... I keep hearing some BS about “well this parking garages was built in the 70s...”

But yea. Went in one entrance of the parking garage at my work, barely cleared the clearance bar. Went out a different entrance, whacked the GPS antenna. Luckily it just scuffed it since I was going pretty slow. I have a 19 raptor, which has that taller GPS antenna than the previous years.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is me. a9be80d0235862a60e1ae65a995d6ea4.jpg
Looks like you had a hard time fitting it between the lines, and also looks like you didn't pull into the spot far enough...new truck? Or just don't give a sh*t? Maybe I'm missing what the point of your post was. ;)

Pralix

Reaction score
My Raptor barely got into the parking garage at Sea Tac airport. There was a few pucker moments going up the ramps. Had to stay towards the outside of the circle to be safe.

Back in 2007 I bought an FJ Cruiser. Before I took it to work, I went around the parking garage and checked and measured all of the low points. There were a few spots that were questionable but the FJ would be able to go through most of the parking garage without too much stress. The height warning tube at the entrance was lower than the lowest sport in the garage though. When I would drive out, I would have to take it very slow and it would still rub on my roof rack. I still have paint marks on my roof rack from it.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly why I bought a second car for around town. Driving the truck around town is just too much of a pain in the ass when I need the capacity of the truck at most once a month.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Low parking garages are always nerve wracking. Even if I fit under the bar I wonder which light they've added since construction that's going to smash my moonroof.

On the other hand my resonator delete sounds AMAZING in parking garages.

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cut my antenna down so it gives me 2” of clearance, if that touches I’m out

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you haven’t leveled that truck, don’t! That’s tight and you never know what what’s inside. At least you can take it to work.

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In anticipation of getting a Raptor I actually have went down in the parking garage at my office with a tape measure and checked the bar at the entrance and at all of the low points on the second level where I normally park. I am happy to say that it looks like I could fit a Raptor in there with a few inches to spare. There is only one spot where a bracket hangs down that I think would make contact with the roof of the truck. The good thing is that it’s off to the right and there is more than enough room to stay to the left that I would miss it! Also there are a couple of spots that are wider than the normal parking spots in the garage. I plan on using those spots when I get my truck!

Glad to see your truck fits!