my bbk 85mm review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Badraptor

Reaction score
just got the new tb from bbk on friday. the old one was defective. i installed it and am going to go through a couple of tanks of gas to make sure the same problems don't occur. btw bbk is a pain to deal with... thank god the website i bought it from took care of the problem

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

also waiting to break 1000 miles to review the tune.

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, I've had the filter on for about 1000 miles.
off the line throttle response i cant comment on because of the low idle, because when you tip into the throttle you get a slight surge that gives the illusion of the truck jumping forward. but there is a crispness that wasnt there in city/ highway driving. and there definitely more power mid/top range.
my biggest gripe when buying the truck was how heavy it felt on the highway, meaning that passing was a scary task for me because of lack of power (my last car was a modded gtr so i was used to instant acceleration) but now the truck feels more able to accelerate up to speed.

again, you cannot compare this to a 100 horsepower mod, but there is a noticeable difference in highway driving.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

svc tune is coming next week

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

& the snorkel comes with the s&b filter. it replaces the factory inlet to the air box with a much bigger smoother opening, hope i didnt confuse anybody.

I don't believe my truck has a aftermarket TB but the truck jumping foward seems like that is my problem. Slight jerk at highway speeds. Does that mean I have a tune, after market tb or what?