Mudding w/ the Boys... in 30°F Weather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Just wanted to post my most recent escapade this past weekend with my friends: Albert, Kirk, Brandon, Jacob, and Bryaan.

So we headed off to Al's place and despite some initial difficulties w/ a hose that was frozen solid we were up and running about ~45 minutes later. We used my truck as the Starter and I opened up the pits for everyone else's rig. There was some water out already while we waited on the hose to defrost.

At any rate, damn, this was one of the most fulfilling weekends I've had all year.
  • Results:
  • Me:
  • Stuck (1) once. Utilized XD TREDS to self-extract... on 2WD non-locked
  • Friend's truck:
  • Stuck (3) times. Utilized XD TREDS 1st extract, Big Bubba Rope snatch 2nd extract, Warn ZEON 12K Winch 3rd extract.
    *In my friend's defense his 4WD was not working so he did a pretty good job in 2WD.

Should have taken more photos out but damn my hands were frozen and mud covered. Here's some after pictures though. OH and here's a list of my Awesome Kit:

-D-Shackles, only WLL4.5 as of now
-Big Bubba Rope, w/ brand new Custom Blaze Orange Gatorize
-(2) Warn WLL13.5 HD Snatchblocks, stored in (2) Large ARB R.-Bags
-(2) ARB Winch Shrouds
-Warn Wireless Winch Remote, need batteries
-(4) XD TREDS, neon green w/ all the goodies
-Pull Pal RW16000, one of the first people to order this
-Tailgunneroffroad Offroad Wheel Chocks (4)
-Various Mechanix top-tier glove pairs

Attachments

• Mudding (1).jpg
    Mudding (1).jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Mudding (2).jpg
    Mudding (2).jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Mudding (3).jpg
    Mudding (3).jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Mudding (4).jpg
    Mudding (4).jpg
    132 KB · Views: 80
  • Mudding (5M).jpg
    Mudding (5M).jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Mudding (6).jpg
    Mudding (6).jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Pull Pal RW16000 Receipt! (M).jpg
    Pull Pal RW16000 Receipt! (M).jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 96
D

Deleted member 12951

That Pull Pal seems cool but pricey. Have you ever had it rip out of the ground when a lot of strain was put on it? Would hate for that to fling back on ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
New Guy

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice outing....Nice truck. Like the mods.

^Thanks, 'ppreciate that.

That Pull Pal seems cool but pricey. Have you ever had it rip out of the ground when a lot of strain was put on it? Would hate for that to fling back on ya.

^If you search around, nothing beats the pull pal. They did a test for Sierra Express for a smaller competitor that folds up, and the only thing it did was plow. The RW16000 is approximately 57 lbs. so properly anchored I do not think that it will come back to me. Plenty of people here have Pull Pals, its just I have the latest HD version.

Where in Texas are ya?

^Down by College Station, TX - right at the Heart of Aggieland. Wonderful city by the way, although I live on the tad bit of the outskirts, still nothing beats the lively beat of a college town.