GEN 2 Motor Blown/Seized at 156 Miles on 2019 SCREW Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texrun38

Reaction score
This is actually a great story. Sorry it happened to you, of course. But in manufacturing something as complex as these trucks are, bad components/parts/welds/etc. just happen even in the tightest certified manufacturing facilities. What makes all the difference is how the manufacturers handle it and it seems Ford and your dealer nailed it. Great seeing good service executed and a customer being taken care of.

When I was a young engineer working at Cisco Systems, we had several instances where we had to do essential recalls on networking equipment due to a bad lot of components supplied by a vendor, etc. It scared me so bad as one of my first projects to own was a HUGE (think $100+ Million of stuff). That was when I saw something similar play out and it was an older engineer at the customer that first explained that principle to me. “Hey, this stuff happens, but you came to me first, already lined up replacement gear, are providing the man hours and material to physically replace and configure the stuff, etc. It’s all good.”

Ray Bones

Reaction score
It's awesome that the dealer stepped up instead of just saying, "Hey, it's under warranty we'll fix it for you" and not even give you any choice in the matter.
The dealership should be commended for this.

Good luck on your next truck.

OP
OP
encyphor

encyphor

Reaction score
I agree... bad situation but the end result has worked out.

Ultimately, one-off manufacturing defects happen, and I think this is what this was... it's also why I'm not hesitating to get into another Raptor (I'm a first time Raptor and first time Ford buyer).

Dead Truck Build (Magnetic) $72,550 MSRP:
- 802A
- Engine Block Heater
- Raptor Exterior Graphics Pkg
- Raptor Hood Graphics Pkg
- Raptor Carbon Fiber Pkg
- Tailgate Step
- Raptor Technology Package
- Second-Row Heated Seats
- Bedliner - Spray-in

New Truck Build (Magnetic) $72,445 MSRP:
- 802A
- Engine Block Heater
- Tailgate Step
- 17" Forged Aluminum Wheels (Beadlock Capable)
- Bedliner - Spray-in

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree... bad situation but the end result has worked out.

Ultimately, one-off manufacturing defects happen, and I think this is what this was... it's also why I'm not hesitating to get into another Raptor (I'm a first time Raptor and first time Ford buyer).

Dead Truck Build (Magnetic) $72,550 MSRP:
- 802A
- Engine Block Heater
- Raptor Exterior Graphics Pkg
- Raptor Hood Graphics Pkg
- Tailgate Step
- Second-Row Heated Seats
- Bedliner - Spray-in

New Truck Build (Magnetic) $72,445 MSRP:
- 802A
- Engine Block Heater
- Tailgate Step
- 17" Forged Aluminum Wheels (Beadlock Capable)
- Bedliner - Spray-in

Thanks for sharing the story, and glad to hear the dealer did right by you. Like others have noted, it's good to hear there are still some decent dealers out there.

I like your build more than your lot Raptor. Trading the stickers for the BL wheels is a great move. The BLs look great, and while I wasn't a fan of the new style initially, they've grown on me a lot... Especially now that I have them in the driveway.

Good luck with your wait; Hope it's built/delivered soon!

SL75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope my rattling truck goes out like this. They won't work on it until it goes kaboom. I can't wait to get away from this... It has been a true horror show.

TxRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad that you'll be in a new Raptor soon. That said, these catastrophic failures to new Raptors make me nervous in mine...

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow. What an astounding absence of quality control. An engine that failed that quickly would necessarily have been badly flawed during the assembly process and should have been identified before it left the plant.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Wow. What an astounding absence of quality control. An engine that failed that quickly would necessarily have been badly flawed during the assembly process and should have been identified before it left the plant.
Um, all brands, all prices have cars that go bad. My McLaren 720 has had issues...so--they fixed and back on road.

When you get into high productions numbers like Ford, GM, Dodge, etc it will happen. Nothing 'astonishing', it's a mass produced vehicle and this is the internet. People will share stories (and I'm thankful OP did). But there are 95% (more?) of owners that have zero issues.

They are cars. They (can) break.