Modify ‘22 (37) order or keep ‘21 LF 35?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c_lomeli

Reaction score
8DC4348B-0145-483B-A58A-D03C1A50520D.jpegOrdered a 22 with 37 package in Black. Previous vehicle (Tacoma Pro) was black and felt like sticking with same color. I’m #3 at the dealer with 7 allocations. Still, who knows when I’ll see this truck.

Last week, dealer called asking if I was interested in a LF 800a that someone backed out of. Needless to say, I purchased and love the truck so far. Kept the 37 order in place.

Q1 - Are we allowed to modify an existing order? I realize LF is not available for ‘22, but now I’m wondering what color (if any) I will enjoy as much as I’m loving this LF!

Q2 - anyone out there with audio upgrade advise? This 800a actually came loaded with Torsten, tow, spray liner, convenience and beadlocks. So, I’m thinking that with an audio upgrade (sub and better door speakers) I will be happy enough with this truck to keep long term.

Other mod in near feature is ceramic coating and possibly adding a tailgate applique (although the blue Ford logo on tailgate is growing on me).

Appreciate the help!

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to the community! You will not be disappointed.

From what I understand you can modify an order fairly easily until the VIN is published.

If you decide to buy the 37, you won't loose any money on that truck.

I don't know that I would put a whole lot into it until I made my final decision though.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd keep the LF, but I'm biased

I had a TRD PRO too. Great truck for wheeling. I liked the crawl control a lot. Fords implementation is pretty good too. Not sure if the Gen3s trail control is changed, but on my Gen2 it can tell what you're stuck in. Crazy

OP
OP
C

c_lomeli

Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to the community! You will not be disappointed.

From what I understand you can modify an order fairly easily until the VIN is published.

If you decide to buy the 37, you won't loose any money on that truck.

I don't know that I would put a whole lot into it until I made my final decision though.
Good advice. I’m back-n-forth on the ceramic since that (obviously) wouldn’t transfer. I’m thinking any audio upgrades can easily transfer if I keep all the OEM equipment nearby. Mainly looking at sub box setups. Would love to have something behind the seat rather than under.

OP
OP
C

c_lomeli

Reaction score
I'd keep the LF, but I'm biased

I had a TRD PRO too. Great truck for wheeling. I liked the crawl control a lot. Fords implementation is pretty good too. Not sure if the Gen3s trail control is changed, but on my Gen2 it can tell what you're stuck in. Crazy
Can’t wait to take the gen3 to the beach (2.5hr drive) and see how it compares to the TRD PRO. Loving the upgrade so far.