Mishimoto: Stay the F#ck Away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PSA: I would advise anyone considering buying Mishimoto's catch can stays the hell away.

First off, their Gen 2 dual catch can clearly isn't designed properly. Just check out this thread of countless FRF members having issues. There's enough light reading in there to see the constant problems some folks have had.

The real problem though? One of the worst customer service teams I've ever dealt with. I ordered the dual catch can on June 15. Of course they let you place the order even though it's back ordered and the website says in stock. Fast forward to July 22 after a whole lot of ****** communication on their end and they can't figure out how to properly charge a card. They say the card is "declined" but it never even gets to Chase, and all of the info was properly provided. Having the hardest time trying to get email responses or anyone intelligible on the phone, I just re-place the order on August 05.

Of course it's back-ordered again...or was it ever back in stock? Who knows. In case my reply of ""Sure I’ll just continue to wait on back order again so you guys can screw up charging my card again and not ship what I paid for. ******* great communication you guys have going on." wasn't blunt enough, I called the next day to confirm cancellation. Thought it was over at this point, but nope.

On August 18, they charge my card and ship the catch can anyways. A whole lot of back and forth (more unanswered emails and incoherent staff on the phone), they expect me to pay a 12% restocking fee. Good thing for Chase/Visa because I'm just going to dispute the charge and reject the UPS delivery tomorrow.

But yea, fair warning. The catch can's throw codes and Mishimoto can't figure out how to fix it, they have shit communication, and dumb staff. Proceed at your own risk.

OP
OP
MAMiller44

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go further and say: Catch Cans, Stay the hell away. :p
Lol, ah the debate. I ordered the JLT for the simplicity. At least with JLT never throwing codes it's one of those "can't really hurt" kind of situations. Mishimoto though, the headache I've seen in that thread I linked to scared me away even without the terrible customer service.

OP
OP
MAMiller44

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the JTL catch can last weekend. Took no more than 20 minutes to install and no code issues at all. Paid 149.00 for it.
Just got mine in the mail yesterday and it’ll be going in one afternoon this week!

Moridin

Reaction score
I have no interest in the product, but I do love the name. Mishimoto.

I always say it in that exaggerated Japanese accent from films.

Ahhhhhh... Mishi MOTO! HAI!

This contributes nothing to the thread, I just wanted to share. Try it... it's fun.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did you choose to reorder it in August 5th after the debacle from June 15 to July 22 and knowing that it throws codes? I know that your pissed with them but first you say they didn't charge your card the first time (Good Thing) but now they charged before it even shipped? It`s funny how if you try to order something directly from the manufacture and its back ordered meanwhile CJ Pony Parts and other sellers have them ready to ship.

After reading what a lot of members have experienced with catch cans on this forum some inherently have a chance of throwing a CEL, and it seems to be more popular of an issue with the dual valve systems. If you look into it, Ford does offer catch cans for their Mustangs and some other models, i`m not sure if they have anything for a raptor, so I guess that they think that it is a good thing to run one? So many new manufactures are including them or offering them as a accessory that you can buy and have them install

This is the dual valve system that I went with that eliminates the possibility of it throwing a code for a vacuum leak, super easy to install with a large catch can and quality accessories and directions. Sadly not made in the USA but up north in Canada

https://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/wm...valve-kit-2015-f150-3-5-ecoboost-details.html