Milestar Patagonia XT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience or feedback on the Milestar Patagonia XT tire. Specifically 37 x 12.50 x 17.
The website is thin on info in the specs. It’s a 3 ply. Ordinarily I’m a Nitto guy, but wanting a lighter tire without an E rating.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No experience with Milestar tires but was looking for the same thing. A 3ply sidewall, light weight, D rated, but not having to sacrifice on road or off road.

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No experience with Milestar tires but was looking for the same thing. A 3ply sidewall, light weight, D rated, but not having to sacrifice on road or off road.
I’m going for them. My tire guy is pretty sure he can get them. I’ve only seen stellar reviews so far.
The wife wants some beef on her Gen 3, she says it looks wimpy next to my modded Gen 2. Can’t say I mind. The BFGs are the quintessential Fudd tires and while I’m technically old enough to be a Fudd, I try not to be:). I guess I’ll post my opinion. I know the Patagonia MT has really caught on with the rock crawling crowd.

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Guinea pig!! Thanks!! Well can't wait to hear what you say about them.
I was looking at the Maxxis Razr ATs as well. Look like a solid tire too
The wife and I are addicted to Matt’s Off Road Recovery and other associated channels on YouTube . They are high on those tires, probably the only way I’d be aware of them. We are wanting to go to the Raptor Assault program, probably make a several day trip of it. The landscape in WV is very unsimular to Utah, as I’m sure you can imagine. If it weren’t so far, I’d drive so I would have a Raptor to use in a landscape it was designed for. I guess we can rent a Rubicon Jeep.
The only sand we see is in Hatteras. Just dirt, mud and rocks around here.
My guy is ordering tires on Monday, they’ll be on next week.

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I’m not going to be the Milestar XT tester after all . My tire guy could get them… except there are none to get and no estimated date when any would be available, I’m getting the Nitto Ridge Grapplers instead.

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see the Nitto’s getting some negative feedback on this site but given the type of business I have I’d suspect I buy a lot more truck tires than the average person. Although my business vehicles are primarily HD diesel and not light weight Raptors, so there is that.
I used to run BFG MT on all my work trucks up until they started with the KM2, I bought several sets of those and they just didn’t hold up or wear well. I bought various tires for awhile after that until Nitto truck tires came on the scene in a bigger way. I’ve bought countless Trail Grapplers and all things considered, I’ll keep right on buying them, we drive HD trucks, typically heavy in an off road environment every day, sometimes towing equipment. They are the best balance of a tire for what we do.
Personally I’ve had 6 lifted/ modified diesel trucks that mainly see hiway duty. I’ve ran the Ridge Grapplers primarily and occasionally a set of Trail Grapplers. They’ve done fine on my personal vehicles. I have Trail Grapplers on my Gen 2, they take some “ wearing in”, usually a couple thousand miles and can be a little unstable at first until the tread blocks wear a little, but seem fine after that.
I’m only running about 32 psi in them.
Admittedly I tried the Ridge Grapplers on my 2017 SD work truck and they just sucked off road and didn’t hold up.
The wife’s Gen 3 will likely never be on more than gravel road. But I guess if they suck on a Raptor, I’ll let you know. It’s not like they are giving me free tires.