miles to empty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MORaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Day.
Um.

I’ve seen ... I think 620 a few times hauling the family around the beaches and tourist traps in OBX

Ya -that was 2 weeks of highway out to the Badlands and Yellowstone. Last summer to Hilton Head only got me mid 600s

MORaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
533 is my normal.

Distance to empty is based on your most recent 100 mile economy. does not factor in what your trip MPG says.

if you have been doing several 0-100 pulls in a row and driving like a hooligan....your DTE will be quite low.

If you spent the last 300 miles on the interstate cruising at 65 mph, you should see an epicly big number.

I am doing a 2,500 mile road trip in 2 weeks when i drive out to colorado. curious as to what my numbers will be.

you will get better mileage on the way back to stl - a lot of downhill losing that altitude and the tailwinds. Enjoy.

Trent 21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
530 to 550 always. I run 91 corn juice free gas too. I do not get better when freeway driving. Speed limit here is 80 so I am usually doing 85 to 95 depending on what my radar detector is telling me.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
On a related note, I was watching the miles to empty readout while filling up the other day. The number kept climbing till it hit whatever number then stopped climbing even though another 2-3 gallons were pumped in. Didn't change after I drove off either.
I didn't overfill, just let it click once and done. I guess the float in the tank was all the way up but still room in the tank. All that to say, we are probably getting more actual miles per tank than the readout says. Probably however long it takes for the needle to move off full.
I had just never thought about it I guess.