miles per gallon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People lie about their gas mileage like they lie about the size of their well you get it. Yes there are people who merge at 35, content driving in the fast lane at 5 under and like to treat their truck like a Prius, that or they have that stupid insurance module that lowers your insurance if you drive like you’re driving Ms. Daisy. I merge like man, as in by the time I get on the freeway I’m not holding anyone up. I set my cruise at 80 in a 70...I get 10.9 to 11.3 being my best and sometimes when I have to shake some jack ass from Washington state who thinks he’s going to use me as a radar detector I’ve gotten 9.8. Funny thing is, exactly about the same as I get in my 2014 Raptor. It’s a lot like diesel truck owner pulling a 35 foot 5th wheel and lying about getting 21 or 22...doesn’t happen.

Redleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And let the online bantering and General fuckery begin...and go!

Lags

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SPD Turbo adapters and downpipes, S&B CAI, SVC intercooler, colder plugs, custom 91 octane tune, 37” tires, and I drive it hard all the time. 12.2 on the computer. My goal is 11.

2017 AG Super Crew 27,000

Cosmo

Reaction score
I get about 15.1. Also, I noticed you mentioned you have a CAI. Do you mind if I ask which model?

I know they are supposed to help with gas mileage, but I have never had anything but a loss in fuel economy with them.

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I love replying to these threads. When most of you quote your mileage are you quoting the dash?
Mine has never been right. It’s off between 1.4-1.7mpg. I get between 13.8-14.4 by doing the math. If I baby it I get maybe .5 better so it’s not even worth it for 18 miles farther. I have almost 11K miles in the 5 months I’ve owned my 19. Sport mode and enjoy the damn thing.

skerzz

Reaction score
2019 6K miles, 91 octane: I'm getting about 11.5 MPG city, 13.5 mixed. Best I've done is ~17.5MPG highway with a good portion of it downhill grade. This is all based on miles per tank divided by gallons purchase (not relying on the computer which seems to overstate economy by ~1-2 MPGs). The Arizona summer results in constant heavy A/C use, the truck never goes into auto start/stop mode (due to A/C demand), and I'm idling the the truck frequently to keep it cool/cool it down. The MPGs may increase some once things cool down here -- I recall the truck might have been doing a little better for me back in the spring before the endless 100+ degree temps set in. Don't think I'll ever see 15 city/18 hwy as advertised by Ford; it's just to difficult for me to stay off the right pedal