Methods and bottom perch??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
I got some -6mm 8.5 wide beadlock rims coming in soon.
Used to break axles all the time on stock suspension top perch with my -1mm rims but now that i have kings running half a inch lower than top perch i took my truck trail riding this weekend hard and i mean hard. 4wd, 50kmph going through 2-3 feet of snow into 2 foot pools of mud frozen over by a good 2 inches of ice. No problems now, now im confident all the wheel hub:cv probles are from top perch when running your truck hard

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got some -6mm 8.5 wide beadlock rims coming in soon.
Used to break axles all the time on stock suspension top perch with my -1mm rims but now that i have kings running half a inch lower than top perch i took my truck trail riding this weekend hard and i mean hard. 4wd, 50kmph going through 2-3 feet of snow into 2 foot pools of mud frozen over by a good 2 inches of ice. No problems now, now im confident all the wheel hub:cv probles are from top perch when running your truck hard

And I think that is part of the issue.. Majority of the Raptor are out west (dry states) and do not run hard in muck and mud. Either that we are the only crazy mfers mudding in 50k trucks.. Lol

-Greg

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
That half inch lower than top really made a diff in the cv inner boot angles, they dont bind anymorr even under full steering in 4wd with throttle.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great information...

Well that mekes it easy for me as well: Method D2s 0 offsett Nitto Trails 35s" Mid Perch and carry on...

RayBrown

Reaction score
For those who have gone to Method Double Standards what is your recommendation for the wheel? 2011 Stock Perch. I see 0 is the choice for offset.

Wheel Size
Bolt pattern:
Backspace:

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have method standards at a 0mm offset with 37" toyos on top perch and I haven't had any problems at all with cv axles and boots but that could be because I have the RPG race line 1.5 UCA's. I noticed that once I put the UCA's on it settled down about a half an inch because of the bearings instead of the polyurethane bushings that could have made it sit up and not have that free play.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The funny thing is Double standard 17" only comes in 0mm offset.
Method Truck Beadlock comes only in -12mm offset, was wondering why nobody runs those. lol