Method Hub Rings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Rox

Reaction score
Do I need a hub ring for my new method mesh rims going on a stock tire. Thanks in advance

1ntheoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't NEED them. They are "lug centric" so the lugs are supposed to center the wheel. However, I've found that hub centric wheels seem to balance better and ride better. But, it is what it is...

nsdq3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So are they available? Not trying to hi-jack the thread, but I just bought a set of stock size NVs.

1ntheoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So are they available? Not trying to hi-jack the thread, but I just bought a set of stock size NVs.

First, I want to start off with saying that I have Methods... and I like them alot. They look good, they're lighter than the competition and they're cheap. The one area I THINK they could be lacking is overall build quality.

I noticed that every Method I've owned (I've owned 2 sets of four) takes quite a bit of weight to balance decently AND even when balanced to zero can still seem to give a little shake on the freeway (could be due to the lug centric design).

Anyhow, I've looked into custom hub centric rings; my only concern is the bore diameter tolerance. I'm thinking the center bores may or may not be perfectly round... which will be necessary for a custom hubcentric ring to fit. I still may give it a shot...

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, I want to start off with saying that I have Methods... and I like them alot. They look good, they're lighter than the competition and they're cheap. The one area I THINK they could be lacking is overall build quality.

I noticed that every Method I've owned (I've owned 2 sets of four) takes quite a bit of weight to balance decently AND even when balanced to zero can still seem to give a little shake on the freeway (could be due to the lug centric design).

Anyhow, I've looked into custom hub centric rings; my only concern is the bore diameter tolerance. I'm thinking the center bores may or may not be perfectly round... which will be necessary for a custom hubcentric ring to fit. I still may give it a shot...

Give that man a cigar! Method tolerances aren't the greatest. I tried hubcentric only to hear compliant sl like they'd be tight on one wheel and not the other. Sorry guys. A set of hi end custom wheels that are perfectly drilled I would say go for it but mass produced wheels in a Chinese factory.....although they are great for what we use them for just aren't as uniform from run to run let alone sometimes wheel to wheel. They take a lot of weight to balance and that says a lot right there. Best bet get them balanced and torqued down in the correct pattern and you should be golden.

1ntheoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give that man a cigar! Method tolerances aren't the greatest. I tried hubcentric only to hear compliant sl like they'd be tight on one wheel and not the other. Sorry guys. A set of hi end custom wheels that are perfectly drilled I would say go for it but mass produced wheels in a Chinese factory.....although they are great for what we use them for just aren't as uniform from run to run let alone sometimes wheel to wheel. They take a lot of weight to balance and that says a lot right there. Best bet get them balanced and torqued down in the correct pattern and you should be golden.

Thanks! And, let me add that I've done all the balancing myself. I've even spent time rotating the tire a quarter turn at a time to find a "sweet" spot. And, I know it's the wheels and not the tires because I've then turned around and mounted the same tires on my OEM beadlocks and they balance with MUCH less weight.

Thanks for confirming my suspicion and saving me the time and $ of proving myself right, lol

OP
OP
R

Raptor Rox

Reaction score
Thanks fellas for the response.
I have ordered the SVT center hubs and looking forward to putting these on!