MBRP customers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boostfiend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Startup on the turndown is just nasty pretty loud city driving though i got mine put on Wednesday bought the exhaust from ebay 287 shipped thats the aluminum finish then i went to advance auto parts got me two cans of header coating the fire proof one the exhaust is black now can was 10 bucks. The seller on ebay was wcaperformance i ordered it saturday and got it Wednesday free shipping

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Startup on the turndown is just nasty pretty loud city driving though i got mine put on Wednesday bought the exhaust from ebay 287 shipped thats the aluminum finish then i went to advance auto parts got me two cans of header coating the fire proof one the exhaust is black now can was 10 bucks. The seller on ebay was wcaperformance i ordered it saturday and got it Wednesday free shipping

Should have talked to us!
:slap:

I sent this PM to the OP and decided to post it in the hopes it may answer questions in the future.

There is no sound difference between the aluminum and stainless whatsoever. Obviously there is a difference in the materials and how they may handle heat/cooling cycles over the long term which *could* effect the sound but I'm only stating from personal experience not fact.

The Turn Down has no resonator and no tail pipe and will offer a very deep, aggressive rumble. You will get a lot of vibration from the Turn Down. Very raw sound under heavy acceleration.

The cat-back system has a resonator and obviously a tail pipe so you will get less "rumble" and more of a mellow, throaty exhaust note. The cat-back is also available in aluminum or stainless and the same goes as above.

If you were to choose the Turn Down and decided it was too loud for your taste, we could get you the front pipe for the cat-back which includes the resonator. Likewise, we could get you the straight pipe from the Turn Down if you choose the cat-back and think it's too quiet.

Keep in mind adding a Cold Air Intake will add a certain amount of resonance which is unrelated to the exhaust vibration or drone

JayneCobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Macf. Now you are making more impatient waiting for my truck.

Love the way the MBRP trundown sounds. I'm thinking I'll do the cat back MBRP turndown and then add headers when the warranty expires, in addition to the UMP intake that will already be on it.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
love my turndown. some highway drone but recently took a 2000 mile roadtrip, mostly 80 mph interstate, and it really wasnt bad. you wont regret the purchase and its priced right :hitit:

CougarKiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running a MBRP turndown but left the stock resi in place... No drone at all and has a nice meaty sound in lower rpms... It is pretty mellow when at higher RPMs and the stock system sounded better revved out IMO...

If going this route I would just buy a muffler, turn down tip and a couple hangers.. no need to buy the kit and waste money on it like I did since I only used the muffler, tip and 2 hangers (which I modified 1 of)

CougarKiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after my last off road trip my MBRP muffler has developed a pretty bad rattle and I think a baffle or something broke inside of it... Not real happy with the sound anyways so I just ordered a Spintech Super Street 9000 muffler to try out.. should sound pretty good with the stock resi ... I have ran these on a couple GTOs and the sound was impressive

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Should have talked to us!
:slap:

I sent this PM to the OP and decided to post it in the hopes it may answer questions in the future.

There is no sound difference between the aluminum and stainless whatsoever. Obviously there is a difference in the materials and how they may handle heat/cooling cycles over the long term which *could* effect the sound but I'm only stating from personal experience not fact.

The Turn Down has no resonator and no tail pipe and will offer a very deep, aggressive rumble. You will get a lot of vibration from the Turn Down. Very raw sound under heavy acceleration.

The cat-back system has a resonator and obviously a tail pipe so you will get less "rumble" and more of a mellow, throaty exhaust note. The cat-back is also available in aluminum or stainless and the same goes as above.

If you were to choose the Turn Down and decided it was too loud for your taste, we could get you the front pipe for the cat-back which includes the resonator. Likewise, we could get you the straight pipe from the Turn Down if you choose the cat-back and think it's too quiet.

Keep in mind adding a Cold Air Intake will add a certain amount of resonance which is unrelated to the exhaust vibration or drone

Question for you: Is there any benefit to coating these turn downs with the black header coating? Thanks