Lower front grille missing a piece

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K Avery

Reaction score
Mine was delivered missing this piece - see hole and ford says they don't have a replacement - has anyone else had this issue IMG_2152.jpg

TanneRd

Reaction score
Mine was delivered missing this piece - see hole and ford says they don't have a replacement - has anyone else had this issue View attachment 439270
That unfortunately is the opening to access your engine block heater. Not a sexy solution by any means but it should be a cleaner setup on the 24 since they seem to omit the mesh grill in the lower inlets.

Edit* engine block heater plug to connect to outlet.

OP
OP
K

K Avery

Reaction score
Thanks I was not aware I had an engine block heater as I live in Mississippi - so is there not supposed to be a cover there?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks I was not aware I had an engine block heater as I live in Mississippi - so is there not supposed to be a cover there?

Chances are very high you didn't get one. If you bought it in Canada, you'd have one for sure. Northern US states might get it, depending on what Ford thinks is needed.

OP
OP
K

K Avery

Reaction score
Well I just looked at my window sticker and there it is 90.00 option - not sure why the dealer put that on there but if ever gets cold enough in MS to need a block heater I am ready - apparently I can spend 140.00 and get a replacement center piece and fix it

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Well I just looked at my window sticker and there it is 90.00 option - not sure why the dealer put that on there but if ever gets cold enough in MS to need a block heater I am ready - apparently I can spend 140.00 and get a replacement center piece and fix it
Did you build it? If not its whatever the sales manager wanted at that time to be on it.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2023 showed up with this lower grill even though I didn’t have a block heater. I think the full piece is $45, easy to swap