Looks like 2021 model-year Raptor will exist...but possibly no SuperCab.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel the information is accurate regarding Ford dropping the SCAB version of the Raptor for 2021. It’s too bad, the SCAB was my favorite Raptor configuration.

645238DA-4386-4C43-9A1C-9914DDF6C305.jpeg

Last edited:

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, I would like to say that I have been following FRF for a few months and this is by far the best forum I have seen. You all are very knowledgeable and have helped me to understand the Raptor (both gens) MUCH more than all of the various web articles. I also appreciate how prompt and current you are with the info and opinions. So, I had to sign-up to get better insight from those who really know, not some internet car reviewer who says he doesn't like the fake beadlock rim option on gen 2's, which are not fake because they are beadlock capable (right?).

Anyway, I am definitely going to be purchasing my first Raptor in the near future. My '07 Lariat 4x4 is not cutting it. I am fortunate to have a baja beach house that is walking distance to part of baja 400, 500, and 1000 course and am beating the crap out of my '07. I keep my trucks a very long time. I purchased the '07 new and before that a '97 new. I plan on keeping my next truck for a long time, so I want it to be featured exactly the way I want. This is an interesting time to be in the market for a Raptor with the potential of the V8 and next gen tech update.

My thoughts are that the 450 hp ecoboost has plenty of power. But, if either the 5.0 or the 7.3 are available, I may wait for 2021.

I read an article yesterday stating the next generation F-150s are available in 2021, but in 2022 for the Raptor. My real question is, does anyone have info if the 2021 will be a gen 2 or a gen 3? I also am interested in the tech update, since I keep my trucks so long.

Sorry for the length of the post, but thought the background info may help. I appreciate you thoughts and opinions.

First of all, welcome! I don’t think there’s enough info to KNOW what’s gonna happen yet in 21 or 22. I’m personally convinced no major overhauls will happen in 21 but ya never know. Is 22 or 23 the year for the Gen 3??? Who knows. Look at Toyota...they’ve been waiting for the 3rd Gen Tundra for freakin ever (they’re still muckin around with the 2007 with no end is sight).

Personally I wouldn’t put off buying (ya might get some pretty great mid year deals!) but that’s coming from a guy who just bought one last November. Nice to be Mid-generation cuz they’ve got all sorts of mods worked out pretty well. Early in the Gen, it’s kinda a crap shoot.

And finally, a warning...the folks on this forum are pretty awesome....awesome at getting you to part with a bunch of money in Mods...haha. The more ya learn, the more you’re gonna just have to have. I started out thinking all I needed was a Tonneau cover and some better floor mats....what a joke. I’m a few months in and at least 7k lighter, and figure I got off pretty easy compared to some of the awesome builds I’m seeing on this forum. Just be careful and choose your mods judiciously. Or, just go crazy and have a great time!