Looking to get SW Headers Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Shwiggy

Shwiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something isn't right, the SW should be a direct swap with the slip connections. I can't speak for the Kooks though.

This is what I've heard as well. Curious about this if it'll be more trouble than what I'm expecting if they don't match up.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

I have SW longtubes and SW mid-pipe with high flow cats. The cat-back is a custom unit Dave tigged up for me.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Tedd Britt Ford Chantilly installed my headers and mid-pipe. Don't remember exactly what they charged but it was on par with what other folks were paying at the time (this was back in late 2010).

Love the long tubes and mid pipe, ditched the cat back because it was too loud (I had the quiet version of the two options offered in 2010). I now have a custom cat-back with a magnaflow muffler and resonator. Sounds killer and isn't too loud.

I'll have to give them a call and see what they say. I didn't even think to ask if a dealership could do this. Thanks for this tip.

6.2Canadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something isn't right, the SW should be a direct swap with the slip connections. I can't speak for the Kooks though.

This is what I've heard as well. Curious about this if it'll be more trouble than what I'm expecting if they don't match up.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Dealerships do a lot of manifold re&re do they know what they are doing just a little pricey...
I'll have to give them a call and see what they say. I didn't even think to ask if a dealership could do this. Thanks for this tip.

They do a lot of manifold re&re, but pricey ...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shwiggy

Shwiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Tedd Britt Ford Chantilly installed my headers and mid-pipe. Don't remember exactly what they charged but it was on par with what other folks were paying at the time (this was back in late 2010)."

I gave them a call and they said they used to have a guy who could do this stuff but he's no longer with them. After they asked around to see if anyone was confident in pulling off this type of job none of their service tech's wanted to attempt it.

Badass69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stainless works drops in flawlessly but their "factory connect" would not hook to anything factory short of a factory f150 exhaust with the resonator deleted. The y pipe is a mile too long to hook to anything else. We cut my mbrp and moved the resonator right in front of the muffler and then welded in a sleeve reducer to weld stainless works y pipe to my cat back. It's a very nice system though and fits extremely well in the truck.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been sitting on a set of SW headers forever. Has anyone from Northern VA, particularly near RESTON/CHANTILLY area gotten this mod done on their truck? If so what shop did you use and how much did they charge you? How was the quality of work, are they holding up well/any issues?

I'm currently shop hunting now but any help would be appreciated as I want this done right and done quick. I would much rather use a shop that's done work on a raptor before.

Thanks
Are you close to a National Speed? They can do the install and custom tune. They are also a dealer for SW exhaust.
You'd be looking at roughly $1,200.

Yukon Joe

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Are you close to a National Speed? They can do the install and custom tune. They are also a dealer for SW exhaust.
You'd be looking at roughly $1,200.

Yukon Joe

That's a lot! Injected Engineering in Georgia quoted me $1600 for my SW headers, Lightning style exhaust, Livernois cams and dyno tuning.