GEN 2 Looking to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Torquebeast

Reaction score
This is a step in a different direction for me as I have been driving 3/4 ton diesels for years but am seriously thinking of getting a raptor. I don’t tow much anymore BUT I will need to tow my tractor on an 18’ trailer (7,700 lbs) every once in a while. I have been researching and see a lot of you replace the rear springs with deavers and have seen some bump stop mods as well. What would I need to do to be able to tow this when needed? Would airbags be an option? I don’t plan on jumping or rock crawling.

Second question,
I have narrowed my choice to the black 802a package with orange accents. What do you all think of the resale of a truck like this will be with the orange interior? Don’t see many of these around. Don’t know if they are hard to find or just not very popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a step in a different direction for me as I have been driving 3/4 ton diesels for years but am seriously thinking of getting a raptor. I don’t tow much anymore BUT I will need to tow my tractor on an 18’ trailer (7,700 lbs) every once in a while. I have been researching and see a lot of you replace the rear springs with deavers and have seen some bump stop mods as well. What would I need to do to be able to tow this when needed? Would airbags be an option? I don’t plan on jumping or rock crawling.

Second question,
I have narrowed my choice to the black 802a package with orange accents. What do you all think of the resale of a truck like this will be with the orange interior? Don’t see many of these around. Don’t know if they are hard to find or just not very popular.

I ordered same thing in a SCAB, black, 802A, moonroof. The orange accent was a must. Since it's no longer available, it may add a small amount at resale. Probably not much.

rap2.jpg

OP
OP
T

Torquebeast

Reaction score
I ordered same thing in a SCAB, black, 802A, moonroof. The orange accent was a must. Since it's no longer available, it may add a small amount at resale. Probably not much.

View attachment 118479
Ya that’s sharp looking to me. The only thing I don’t like is the orange carbon fiber, at least in pictures as I have not seen an orange accent truck in person yet. Got one located but keep going back and forth on which to get.

Daxton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya that’s sharp looking to me. The only thing I don’t like is the orange carbon fiber, at least in pictures as I have not seen an orange accent truck in person yet. Got one located but keep going back and forth on which to get.

You can only get the orange in a ‘17 or ‘18.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have the orange accents and my cabon fiber is not orange. I believe there was an upgraded carbon fiber package.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the orange accents and my cabon fiber is not orange. I believe there was an upgraded carbon fiber package.

correct, if you get the orange interior with optional carbon fiber package the orange interior trim is replaced with carbon fiber.

tmanker

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Second question,

1. I've been into diesel trucks for years, starting with 12v cummins trucks to the 2018 F350 powerstroke I'm in today. If you plan to tow, I would plan on borrowing or renting a truck for the job. You can add money to the raptor, but it wasn't built to tow.
2. Orange accents may add value to a small percentage of buyers when you look to sell. Most buyers will not want it, i.e. could hurt resale.
3. I'm trading my F350 for a raptor. I have a dealer looking for what I want right now. I have battled the towing issue and lack of torque moving to the raptor. It boils down to the fact that I don't tow like I used to and I'm bored of the big, tire-smoking, mountains of torque super duty.

Good luck.