Looking to buy a Raptor, some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingRoman

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am in CT at the moment but I am moving out west (Bozeman, MT) in May.

I have a few questions regarding on buying a Raptor.

1. Would it be smarter to look for one here on the East Coast before I move out west where they actually have room to really use these trucks? On the east coast (specifically CT) there isn't much places to use a raptor like one should so I'm thinking maybe it is easier to get one that hasn't been abused?

2. What YEARS should I be looking at? I definitely want the 6.2, does this mean any years from 2011-2014 should be fine? Is a 2011 missing anything important from the later years?

3. Mileage, would it be worth it to pay more for a truck with 20-30k miles on it rather than one with 50-60k?

4. What options do you conisder a must? And does the upgraded sound system come standard wtih Navigation or do I have to make sure it has sound as well?

Thanks everyone.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just my 2cents:
Don't buy one that has been in a accident, to many out there that have not.
Front Camera and Sunroof are not really deal breakers if not on truck.
As far as when to buy, that would be when you find it. If you find a good deal and like, drive it home! It won't last. The longer you wait the longer you are missing the fun of driving a Raptor.
I cannot find the thread, maybe you or someone can search and find it. There is a fantastic thread that spells out all of the changes year by year. Good Luck!!

OP
OP
K

KingRoman

Reaction score
Just my 2cents:
Don't buy one that has been in a accident, to many out there that have not.
Front Camera and Sunroof are not really deal breakers if not on truck.
As far as when to buy, that would be when you find it. If you find a good deal and like, drive it home! It won't last. The longer you wait the longer you are missing the fun of driving a Raptor.
I cannot find the thread, maybe you or someone can search and find it. There is a fantastic thread that spells out all of the changes year by year. Good Luck!!

Thanks! And funny I JUST finished reading it as I finally found it on Google.

Here it is: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/raptor-changes-year-year-15443/

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want Torsen front diff go 13 or 14. You may be right finding an East Coast Raptor as you'll likely pay more out here for one due to demand. Once you have a couple options post them up and we'll help you compare them up and price.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great! One more thing, graphics, personally I like um. If you find one without them, there are folks on FRF who make good one's you can add.

OP
OP
K

KingRoman

Reaction score
Great! One more thing, graphics, personally I like um. If you find one without them, there are folks on FRF who make good one's you can add.

I'm neutral on them, so if they have them or not is fine with me.

I'm really looking for:

White
SuperCrew
Nav
Sound
The cooling seats on the 2012 seems like a nice feature as well, but its not a must

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you against looking for one a little further from home and driving to get it? If it was me, I would look for one from down south where there isn't so much salt used in the winter. There have been a few trucks popping up south of the snow line that are pretty good deals. What are you looking for in price? That is going to dictate what options and mileage you can get.

There are quite a few threads titled like yours and a ton of comments made helping others out. It might be worth going through a few of those as well to make sure you have all the info you will need to make a good decision. You might also look on here for the Raptors for Sale thread. Some really great Raptors available from members on here, and then you will know what you will be buying.

Ford Raptor For Sale! - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

Good luck with your search!!!!

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm neutral on them, so if they have them or not is fine with me.

I'm really looking for:

White
SuperCrew
Nav
Sound
The cooling seats on the 2012 seems like a nice feature as well, but its not a must

Everybody knows that mine is always for sale. :ROFLJest:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score