looking for 24 raptor at msrp in california

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went through all this in around Feb/March of this year. All CA dealers were trying to charge $5k to $10K over sticker. I got a 2022 37" package out of Indiana for sticker and paid $2,500 to get it shipped to me in Lake Tahoe area. Note that the 2022 was $5k less than the sticker on a 2023. Same truck. Same package.

I was just shopping around now on the Ford.com inventory. So Cal has 10 to 15 R's available. A few dealers are buying them up paying $20k to $40k to get them FROM OTHER DEALERS and then trying to F us by asking $150k to $170 for the truck. A dealer in LA has a $100K markup on one of their R's. Insanity. Screw those dealers.

And the inventory of non-R Raptor seems SUPER LOW unless the Ford website is all screwed up. I searched all over the country and I see more Raptor Rs for sale than non-R.
Between three dealers in SoCal such as Ken Grody, Villa Ford, and Santa Margarita Ford, there are at least 40-50 non R’s available.

metroman

Reaction score
Between three dealers in SoCal such as Ken Grody, Villa Ford, and Santa Margarita Ford, there are at least 40-50 non R’s available.
Elking, Where are you seeing these? I am not Ford.com now and I see 20 R and 2 non-R within 100 mile search.

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer websites. My info is from about two weeks ago. Villa ford had 30. Santa margarita ford had about a dozen between on lot and in transit. Santa Margarita is asking 10k adm. I’ll bet you can get them at 5k-7k over.

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are several on lot in Santa Margarita ford including a white 37. I pass by them regularly

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Elking, Where are you seeing these? I am not Ford.com now and I see 20 R and 2 non-R within 100 mile search.
The way it worked best for me was to look at the dealerships on Ford.com and ignore their inventory stated there. Once I had a list of the dealerships in that particular area, I would google search each of them and look at the individual website for inventory. It's the individual website that you need to check.

leepsraptor

Reaction score
The best I could find in SoCal was $10k over MSRP for a base model. I was making offers at the end of Sept. I gave up and expanded my search out of state. I ended up purchasing a 2022 with 10k miles and 37PP for $77k on the east coast. Flying out Friday to pick it up.

PGas32

Reaction score
I got mine in Delaware and drove it back to So Cal. Go out of state. Don't bother with the dealers here unless you like spending more money than you need to. The only ADM that makes sense here in CA is about $3-$4k which would be gas/hotels for driving it back or hiring a transport service.
What dealer in DE, just out of curiosity? Most I’ve seen seem to be crooks, and I’m guessing they get away with it due to proximity to Philly and DC $$$