Locked out + Ford = FAIL!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whataboutbob

Reaction score
I carry the card with the unlock code in my wallet.

same here I dont trust phones to store my data. The bad thing with mine though is the alarm still goes off if i dont have that dongle to turn it off. My alarm is a Ford aftermarket dealer install.

Cant really blame Ford for not being Big Borther but, that Dealership would lose my business for its handling of the issue.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why carry the card? Just use your phone to take a picture of the code card....then you always have it, no extra bulk.

Or, like what I did, day one, add a code thats easy for you and only you to remember...then it makes no difference where the master code is. It obviously is a hindsight issue for you, but maybe a couple others here have procrastinated to do this yet and it well motivate them to be prepared.

In reality, there should be no reason what-so-ever that you get locked out of this vehicle...just sayin.

MasterChief

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First world problem: I locked my keys in the car, left my spare at work, misplaced my key code, turned down a locksmith. Why can't they unlock this remotely?

If 4 backup options are not enough for you, adding one more isn't going to help.

It would probably turn out like: I parked my truck in a concrete bunker and the remote unlock from ford couldn't get the signal to it.....this is an outrage. Why are they using low power wireless signals for this. I want my money back.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
Boo%20This%20Man.gif

This thread smells like burning

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^His truck would probably be parked in a parking garage and the signal wouldn't be able to get there anyway. It doesn't look good no manner what Ford does for him. ;)

OP
OP
S

SpeedyV10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys-

I openly admitted that I was a Total Tool for locking myself out of the truck. Read the post. I take responsibility.

I thought that some people might find some humor in the comedy of errors that occurred....

Yes, I am disappointed that Ford could not unlock my truck using technoilogy. Yes, I am disappointed that the dealer could not help me locate the code being that the truck is brand new.

Yes, I didn't type the code into my cell phone as I had thought that I had done.

Yes, I forgot the keys in my truck, and left my other key at work.

Yes, I am disappointed that the dealer was not as helpful as they could have been.

So lets get a couple things straight.
-Disappointed does not mean Pissed off.

-It is not anybody else's fault that my keys got locked in, but a little help would have been nice.

-Nobody is going to touch my truck with a lock pick kit, a slim jim, or a wedge. End of Story.

To everyone who READ my post and got a little chuckle, or maybe even a smile, Thank you.

To everyone who had constructive criticism, Thank you.

To everyone who felt otherwise...........

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm disappointed the fire breathing tequila drinkers didn't get this thread turned into a pretzel - before it got all buttery sugary creamy smooth haha. Kumbaya

Hawkeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only find fault in 4 hours and no call back. However, I bought a used Taurus and
did not know the key code. I called the local Ford dealer, give them my VIN and
somehow they looked up the key pad code. So, it used to be possible. That was
3 years ago. Of course I know the person at the dealership and they knew it was my car so there was no security issue.