Listen Up New Owners!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

I had a small accident with my KR which required work on the front fender and replacement bumper. When I picked it up I went through looking at the work in more detail then when I got it brand new during delivery. At the body shop I told them that the gap on one side was larger than the other for the bumper. They confirmed it was and tried to fix it but said all parts are OEM. They fixed it to be more even but was still off slightly. They said the holes don't give much leeway to make adjustments.

He said that most vehicles even brand new are rarely lined up perfectly and further stated that I would be surprised how so many are off. People pay more attention to this after a repair. He told me to go to the dealer and check out what they have on their lot.

Sure enough, I looked at 10 F-150's and none of them were the same. The body shop actually lined it up better than those 10 on the lot.

I am not saying to not get the dealer to correct it, if it was me, I would be requesting the same but also be aware that this is not uncommon, even with other brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received the "Door Detent 3.0" in the mail today.
This works out good because the door detent on the passenger door was already broken from the factory.
I will install these as soon as I get my Raptor back.

Attachments

• IMG_2359.jpg
    IMG_2359.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 89

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I received the "Door Detent 3.0" in the mail today.
This works out good because the door detent on the passenger door was already broken from the factory.
I will install these as soon as I get my Raptor back.

If you could, let me know what they did to fix the bumper. I'm worried my local dealer may make things worse so I might just leave it as is. It's not very noticeable on mine.

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you could, let me know what they did to fix the bumper. I'm worried my local dealer may make things worse so I might just leave it as is. It's not very noticeable on mine.

I'll let you know.
I wouldn't be to worried about having a bumper looked at.
I'm sure the gents at Ford can handle it without drama.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a raptor, I ended up with a 13 FX4 instead. But nonetheless, I'm used to being around Mercedes as that's what my parents drive and I knew a Ford would not near match but a few things do surprise me. I got mine in September and noticed the other day my rear bumper isn't aligned in multiple ways. Dealer was great about it said its a common manufacturing error bring it in we'll fix it. So no big there. But there are things like the spacing between the doors on the left side are different than the right. And my passenger side headlamp has more space between it and the grille than the drivers side. These are things that can't be fixed. Still happy as hell with it. Wouldn't trade it for any Benz.

Loosen both your headlights and re-seat them. Had a similar issue on my Raptor where the gap was different on one side. Turns out they weren't completely set in place before they were tightened.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bomar

Reaction score
I am out of town, so I can't check my bumper, but I did notice (after I had the truck for several days) that it looks like a weld over my driver's side tail light was not ground properly.

Has anyone else seen this? Seems strange I didn't see it earlier.

e8a5ages.jpg

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just adjust the bumper yourself its two bolts takes 5min or but an ADD Stealth rear that's what I did the factory bumpers are garbage anyways imo

Sent from my S4

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Just adjust the bumper yourself its two bolts takes 5min or get an ADD Stealth rear that's what I did the factory bumpers are garbage anyways imo

Sent from my S4

Sent from my S4

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just adjust the bumper yourself its two bolts takes 5min or but an ADD Stealth rear that's what I did the factory bumpers are garbage anyways imo

Did you look at the pics? My rear bumper is bent!
I too thought it was just out of alignment. But it's bent.
If it was just an adjustment I would have dealt with it myself.
BTW, I counted 6 bolts. and the bumper was installed as far up as it could possibly go on the left and right hand side.
Somewhere along the transport process someone slipped a strap around the left hand side of the bumper and tightened away.
Yes.......Of course the rear bumpers are crap.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock bumpers are mainly plastic with a little bit of beer can metal if its bent be easy to bend it back I'm pretty sure a 10yr old could fold the bumper in half. I agree its ******** that it was delivered that way though.

Sent from my S4