GEN 2 Line-X Wheel wells

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My local Line-x shop also wouldn't do it, he said the amount of taping and wrapping wasnt worth it and he quoted me $550 which is the same as the bed.

If anyone in Charlotte area knows a cost effective shop that will do it, send me a message!

Doubleb21

Reaction score
Looks good. I am seriously considering going this route. I meant to call Line-X today.

I hated the all white well it was always dirty lol. I had the UV protectant line x done. That was 50 extra bucks.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't really notice it day to day but it does bug me that there's a hole in there and it also doesn't sit entirely flush to the bed. You can push the liner back an extra centimeter or so without that screw. Wish husky didn't use that screw location or perhaps left it up to the customer to drill out the liner and the bed if wanted.

Back to the OP, linex is definitely the way to go if able IMO especially if you deal with salt/sand in the winter.

You could put a push pin in the hole, at least you wouldn't see the hole any more.

Got it done yesterday. Here is a before and after+.

That looks so much better. The Line-X was my first mod a few days after I picked up my truck. With the race red color it looked like it was mostly over-spray on the rear wells, and not really painted red, it looked PINK! Not really a look I was going for. The second I saw it in person, I thought "F**ck that!". I knew I had to do something, I couldn't leave it the way it was. I think my guy charged $250, he did an awesome job and was super careful because he's a young "car guy" and he was excited to do a Raptor.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those that have Line-X, have you noticed any over spray?

That all depends on the shop. My shop actually double masked everything to make sure that there was no chance of over-spray on shocks, or anywhere else it shouldn't be. The shop is run by younger guys that are all car guys, they were super careful.

99tmsmith

Reaction score
For those that have Line-X, have you noticed any over spray?
yes but it was from when i had the bed liner sprayed. the linex shop i went to did a terrible masking the truck off. i had overspay on the roof, a pillers by the windshield and on the side of the driver and passenger side back doors