Line-x rear wheel wells

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! I called 2 or 3 shops here in FL, including one I've done business with before, and no one would touch them. I gave up.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Negative. I’ve installed two sets with no problems on my other F150s. I’d say poor quality control is to blame. It’s very hit and miss.
No sets on Raptors? Yup the installer.
There's a huge thread of people who have done it. Seems like people are getting stuck around the shocks. Personally I prefer the tight tolerance.

Last edited:

daytona1783

Reaction score
No sets on Raptors? Yup the installer.
There's a huge thread of people who have done it. Seems like people are getting stuck around the shocks. Personally I prefer the tight tolerance.
The shocks weren't the problem. It wasn't cut correctly for the OEM fender flares and they were warped on the edges, causing the flares to be pushed out about 1/4" from the body.

Since you were in the garage with me, how come you didn't guide me through the process? Could have saved me a phone call....

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The shocks weren't the problem. It wasn't cut correctly for the OEM fender flares and they were warped on the edges, causing the flares to be pushed out about 1/4" from the body.

Since you were in the garage with me, how come you didn't guide me through the process? Could have saved me a phone call....
I don't think garage help was an option.
  • Phone-a-Friend. ...
  • Ask the Audience (Audience Poll) ...
  • Ask the Expert. ...
Maybe next time.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was VERY happy with the results of the Line-X on mine. I'll never forget when the dealer called to tell me my truck came in and I first saw it, THE WHEEL WELLS LOOKED PINK!!! WTF! It was a super light coat of Race Red, almost like just overspray, on the wells, and it looked freaking pink! I was already having it done 2 days later. I like that in the salt area where I am, you aren't trapping salt spray with a plastic liner, and then you can't really clean it off very well with liners after snow runs either. I would do it again for sure on another truck.

Last edited: