Limp Mode 6.2L 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jutrast

Reaction score
This happened to mine at around 10k miles. All has been good for the last 10k...

OP
OP
bebrown1075

bebrown1075

Reaction score
Bad news guys.... my truck went back to the dealer on a roll back today. Check engine light and limp mode all over again. It was FINE all weekend after I picked it up.

Ugh this is getting OLD.

Brad

Brandon###

Reaction score
I hate to revive an old thread, but I'm having these same issues with the truck going into limp mode after cruising on the highway for awhile.

Sometimes it will just feel like the TC locks/unlocks (kind of a double bump sound) and then I have no gas pedal for a second. Other times it goes into full limp mode and have to pull off the highway to cycle the key to get gas pedal function back.

Has anyone found the fix for it yet?

I replaced the TB and was going to try and replace the TB pigtail next thinking it could be a loose wire in the plug. Just throwing parts at it for now.

Miguel.buhat

Reaction score
Bump.
I'm also having this issue and Ford has not been able to find out what's causing the issue.
No codes stored so they keep telling me everything is fine.

Brandon###

Reaction score
I finally fixed mine. There was a software update available for my PCM, so a friend of mine who is a Ford tech reflashed my computer. It's been fine ever since.

The next step was to replace the PCM if that didn't work. I was getting a P1674 code and those were the fixes recommended for that code.

On another note, @100k I found that I had 3 broken spark plugs, 1 bad spark plug wire (no continuity), and 1 bad coil. One of my wires you could see arcing to a wire loom running to the PCM.