Lightest Wheel & Tire Combo Yet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I went from the ’17 bead lock capable wheels to Motegi trail lites, stock KO2s and there’s definitely an appreciable handling difference, albeit very minor. I’ve had this for about a month now, several fuel refills and I’d say any economy difference is likely coincidental on a 5700 pound truck.

dew.man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the GY Territory MTs mounted on my 602s. Coming from the duratracs, which are already a fairly light tire, I can feel a seat of the pants difference in acceleration and braking. They are definitely much quieter and give a smooth on-road ride, albeit a bit squishy in the corners. MPG seems to have improved a bit; will now for sure after a cross-country trip we have planned next week. Looks-wise, they’re not very aggressive, but I think they’re ok. One thing to note is that these are definitely gravel magnets and pick up every little rock on my driveway and subsequently regurgitate them back at the truck as soon as I’m back on pavement.

5754F1F3-E844-4B5C-A766-E97C608F3EFF.jpeg

CMSearle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the GY Territory MTs mounted on my 602s. Coming from the duratracs, which are already a fairly light tire, I can feel a seat of the pants difference in acceleration and braking. They are definitely much quieter and give a smooth on-road ride, albeit a bit squishy in the corners. MPG seems to have improved a bit; will now for sure after a cross-country trip we have planned next week. Looks-wise, they’re not very aggressive, but I think they’re ok. One thing to note is that these are definitely gravel magnets and pick up every little rock on my driveway and subsequently regurgitate them back at the truck as soon as I’m back on pavement.

View attachment 319097
How’d they fair on the trip? Debating between these, Duratracs, Toyo AT3s or the new T speed rated OEM KO2s.

dew.man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Territory MT is definitely a quieter and smoother tire than the DuraTracs. Seems to be a tad bit more responsive and may be slight MPG increase, but after going cross country, my observation is that the difference in gas quality between stations and ambient temperature has a larger impact on both of those factors than the tires themselves. They did great in heavy rains, but then again, so were my old DTs.

Overall, I think these are a good tire, but I'm still undecided if I'm going to stick with them, or use the GY 30 day pledge and swap them out for some new DuraTracs.

CMSearle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Territory MT is definitely a quieter and smoother tire than the DuraTracs. Seems to be a tad bit more responsive and may be slight MPG increase, but after going cross country, my observation is that the difference in gas quality between stations and ambient temperature has a larger impact on both of those factors than the tires themselves. They did great in heavy rains, but then again, so were my old DTs.

Overall, I think these are a good tire, but I'm still undecided if I'm going to stick with them, or use the GY 30 day pledge and swap them out for some new DuraTracs.
Thanks for the update. Seems like every day I change my mind on tires. And at the end of the day, I can’t complain at all about my KO2s. I still have plenty of tread left at 42,*** miles and the newest version have an even higher speed rating and are a bit lighter even.

The D load Duratracs definitely do seem like a good compromise of added load capacity if needed without completely ruining the plush ride.

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Titan TAK-1 Forged wheel. Actual weight of the wheel is 21.5 lbs. Titan claims 20.4. Not sure I have seen a better forged wheel for the price.

Attachments

• TAK-1.jpg
    TAK-1.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 129

josh34

Reaction score
Any thoughts on running only 35 psi? Chalk test?

I was very intrigued by these tires since I heard about their weight - however, I thought 20 lb per wheel/tire would have made a huge difference and it's discouraging to hear it's only minor differences (based on the customer feedback)